Product Marketing Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Marketing / Sales
Product Marketing Manager
We’re looking for someone to lead product marketing for our WordPress.com and Jetpack products. Using quantitative and qualitative methods you will articulate the value proposition for our core products. Your research and guidance will provide clear direction to the rest of the marketing team on what products we are building for whom. This work will ensure that our campaigns are a natural fit between what people want and what we offer.
- Audience Segmentation
- Work with internal and external teams and data sources to define, prioritize, and activate market segments.
- Uncover and speak to obvious similarities and differences between customers through demographics and psychographics.
- Use these insights to create a custom positioning matrix for our different products and different customers based on the goals each group has for their website.
- Product Positioning
- Stay on top of market trends to figure out what story we should tell given where the market is going.
- Define our competitive set and articulate where we want to live in relation to the wide variety of options available to these audiences.
- Lead the creation of messaging that resonates with our audience by turning features into benefits that people naturally understand.
- Define and elevate the benefits of using WordPress.com and our whole suite of products.
- Go-to-Market Strategies
- Lead the charge on how we bring new products and features to market.
- Work with internal stakeholders to uncover the messages that need to be told.
- Work with channel managers to coordinate methods of communication.
- Define and track metrics of a successful launch.
- 5-10 years leading product marketing for consumer technology companies.
- A data driven mindset — you know how to segment an audience and put numbers towards squishy campaigns. You love quantifying your work.
- A proactive nature — you lay out a strategy that others are eager to follow.
- A bias toward collaboration — people are lining up to work with you because they know that your leadership will help them reach the company’s goal.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live. It’s not a requirement that you live in or relocate to the Bay Area to do this job.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team.
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you’d like to join Automattic.
At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking. Automattic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability status. We look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!