General Manager, Financial and Risk Solutions
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Marketing / Sales
As a member of the executive team, you will take the helm of the Kuali business unit that serves the CFO’s organization on campus with financial & risk management solutions, currently our Financial and Ready products. You’ll be accountable for growing and operating the business line, including full P&L responsibility. You’ll have the support of executive peers who manage product, engineering, user experience, and customer success.
About the company
Kuali builds higher ed cloud solutions in a competitive space where users are just waiting to be delighted.
Why join us? Our work matters — we’re helping our customers improve the quality of higher education by decreasing administrative costs. We compete in a competitive space where users are saddled with outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs and eager to be delighted. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with nearly 200 customers and 100 employees. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it because we are an empowered group of entrepreneurs. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people at a fast-growing, design-centric EdTech startup.
If you’re looking to make your fortune off a quick flip with no business model, you’d be happier someplace else.
- Growing the financial & risk management solutions business
- Understanding the market dynamics and current issues that impact university CFO’s and their organization
- Positioning Kuali as a thought partner with leading institutions in this space
- Leading marketing and sales efforts to create and realize demand
- Working with executive peers leading the product development practice and teams to prioritize and develop products that make Kuali an indispensable partner
- Working with executive peers to deliver remarkable customer experiences and create fiercely loyal customer advocates at every touch point.
- Learning, and educating others, about the market landscape & competitive products
- Managing the P&L, strategic investments, and the financial health of the business line
- You’re an amazing communicator. You listen, and your written, oral, and visual communication is clear, concise, and tuned carefully to your audience
- You’re a natural, self motivated and directed leader who inspires your team, embraces teaching (or learning) opportunities, and provides constructive coaching and meaningful, stretching challenges
- You’re a resourceful, creative, problem solver
- You know your stuff. You can think your way through complex issues, have a keen eye for details, and talk about it all confidently, accurately, and honestly
- You’re cool under pressure. Startups can get a bit hectic. You keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances
- You enjoy a challenge and play to win
- People love working with you
- You’re organized, communicative, and accountable—you own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, edits, and new ideas
- You play nice with others, but you’re not a pushover
- You look at our company values and think “I want to work at a place that has those values.”
- You’re passionate about your role in helping customers achieve their missions, and you advocate for them fiercely.
- You’re curious and continuously seek knowledge and share your discoveries with others.
- You have a track record of combining business, technology, and budget challenges to produce high-impact end results.
- You’ve formed and executed on a business strategy and, successful or not, learned from it
- You’ve worked on multiple SaaS solutions
- You’ve used agile methodologies and have ideas on how you’d improve them
- You have experience with the Higher Education community
- You know the financial management and/or risk management domains in higher ed
- You’ve been a leader in both start-ups and large companies
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel. There will be 3-4 key events throughout the year, and opportunities to visit customers as well. The travel requirement could be 50%.
- We are a remote division of the company. You’d be expected to have a suitable home working environment or alternative.
- 401k matching (up to 4% of your salary)
- Full health premiums paid by company for you and dependents
- Take the time off that you need (unlimited PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Annual tech hardware budget to buy whatever you want to do your job
- Annual conference and training budget to learn what you want to learn
- Work from home
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!