Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers’ use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Events Manager, Brand
We’re seeking a skilled, empathetic, creative, and self-motivated Senior Events Manager to execute Fastly’s global brand event series, Altitude. You have a knack for understanding a company’s brand and culture and translating that in an authentic way from the smallest to largest of details, think stage set fabrications hor d'oeuvres selections.
The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for building impactful experiences that engage, connect, & inspire the amazing humans who make up Fastly and our community. They can seamlessly embed themselves in cross-functional work flows to drive event campaigns from end to end and knows how to rally different audiences behind their initiative like Sales, Marketing Operations, Content to name a few. Candidates should have experience in executing multiple successful events from conception through to post-event analysis.
What You'll Do
- Execute and scale Fastly’s annual global customer event series, which includes our Customer Insights Panel retreat, Altitude London, and Altitude New York
- Build project scopes and work collaboratively with multiple departments across the company to autonomously lead event aspects including content development, creative/design ideation and production, email campaign operations, staffing, vendor management, budget, and logistics
- Manage event agency partners and vendors
- Negotiate vendor contracts and see contract lifecycles through to completion, includes reconciling related payments and invoices
- Present budget estimates and manage them to the smallest detail ensuring all event costs are accurately scoped
- Support and influence the development of future brand event strategies to grow the company’s revenue pipeline and brand reach
- Work with the Growth team to track campaign’s success and ROI
What We're Looking For
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with very strong project management and meticulous organizational skills
- Ability to manage, develop and launch multiple projects under time sensitive deadlines
- Great teammate with strong verbal and written communication aptitude and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic. Can easily wear multiple hats; tenacity is expected
- The ability to form and develop productive relationships both within the company and with vendors
- Deep understanding of in-house cross-functional team dependencies
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, consistency and transparency
- 5-8+ years of relevant event management experience, preferably with a background in B2B technology
- Creativity and a healthy sense of humor
- Travel required to run set-up and staff at events
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Flexibility, and the agility to jump into (and between) projects as needed as well as possess the initiative to notice a need and offer assistance where applicable
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.