Director of Business Development (SaaS Software)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Marketing / Sales
We’re growing - Join us! TrialScope offers exciting opportunities to learn new technologies, solve interesting problems, and challenge your abilities, while working with a top-notch team.
TrialScope is the global leader in clinical trial transparency and compliance. Our customers include 17 of the top 20 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies in the world. Our tools and systems enable our customers to make clinical trial information accessible to the public, helping researchers and patients more easily locate the clinical trials most useful to them. Capabilities include seamless clinical transparency and integration with internal data services such as CTMS platforms. Our technology offers a fully validated SaaS platform hosted in the cloud.
Enrich your skills while helping the life sciences industry become more transparent to the public. We are located in Jersey City, NJ in Harborside Financial Plaza across the river from New York City.
The Business Development Director reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and is responsible for generating revenue by closing sales of assigned new business opportunities for TrialScope. Success in this position requires the ability to understand the current industry challenges related to the Clinical Trial process.
Job Requirements will entail travel, effectively prepare and present software demos, navigate the organization of Clinical Trial Sponsors to gain access to C-Level decision makers, communicate the value and benefits of the TrialScope solutions, handle contract negotiations, and close new deals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage assigned account base to ensure they are optimized for TrialScope revenue
- Manage the sales process for a diverse group of assigned new business opportunities.
- Develop attack plans for assigned accounts.
- Effectively manage a sales pipeline and achieve sales targets and forecasts.
- Prepare clear, concise, and professional proposals to prospective and existing customers.
- Respond to RFI’s (Request for Information) and RFP’s (Request for Proposal).
- Provide regular reports on sales activities, results and forecast.
- Provide market feedback and accurate forecasting to the management team to optimize strategy and positioning of offerings.
- Facilitate product demonstrations, both web-based and on-site.
- Close/negotiate contract sales.
- Attend trade shows and industry conventions.
- Assist with after-sale issues within TrialScope’s customer base including collections, training/implementation, software functionality, etc.
- Participate in Business Development Activities. Build awareness about TrialScope’s products and services within a group of assigned accounts. Awareness building is achieved through phone contacts, mailings, meetings and software presentations.
- Strong sales skills including ability to manage and close deals and to consistently meet and exceed annual sales quotas established for the position.
- Ability to facilitate product demonstrations in an effective, professional presentation manner.
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of divisional software products and remain current on product knowledge.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment. Represents TrialScope with honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time, concentrating efforts on high priorities items first. Can prioritize and attend to a broad range of activities.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- College degree plus a minimum of 5 years of successful experience selling high-end products into the Life Sciences industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven record as a sales associate in a prior sales position that would demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the product being sold.
- This position requires up to 50% travel. The successful candidate will be willing and able to meet travel requirements. A valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to qualify for a US Passport are required. Also required is the ability to qualify for a company credit card or possession of a personal credit card with sufficient limits to charge travel expenses.
- Experience selling enterprise software.
- Basic knowledge of computers and standard Microsoft software.
- Core understanding and working knowledge of navigating organizations conducting Clinical Trials.
- Proven success selling into Pharmaceutical companies
- General business knowledge and understanding Pharmaceutical manufacturers, their principles and practices.
TrialScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks available:
- Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Basic Life and Personal Accident Insurance, Basic Disability Insurance, Voluntary Group Life Insurance, Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Dependent Child Care Spending Account
- 401k Plan with Employer match
- 100% employer match up to first 3%
- 50% employer match of next 2%
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 15 days
- Paid Holidays (9 + 2 Floating)
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!