Content Marketing Specialist
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Marketing / Sales
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Content Marketing Specialist
Fastly’s Content Marketing Team is responsible for advancing Fastly’s story through thoughtfully crafted content for programs and projects across all markets and verticals. As a member of that team, you’ll be responsible for developing high-impact content that supports marketing and sales efforts and ensuring our content efforts run smoothly and efficiently.
The ideal candidate has a passion for storytelling and an eagerness to contribute high-quality, error-free content quickly. There’s lots to learn, so you should be curious as a cat — even if you're a dog person. You’ll thrive in this role if you’re a natural collaborator and multi-tasker, eager to roll up your sleeves and contribute across a myriad of projects and programs. Your primary goals will be driving lead generation, product education, and brand awareness. But of course, you'll be responsible for channeling the coveted Fastly voice across all that you do.
What You'll Do
- Partner with your team to develop, define, and execute content marketing plans, ensuring that activities line up with the overall marketing and product strategy.
- Create content for all channels (email, ads, blog, case studies, events, video).
- Influence and contribute to our editorial calendar, specifically owning the scheduling, staging, and publishing of blog posts.
- Identify gaps and suggest ways to develop missing content.
- Actively communicate with stakeholders; schedule and hold meetings to drive plans and projects to completion.
- Set clear goals and priorities for content production, proactively communicating objectives, results, and trade-offs.
- Function as an in-house content expert and advisor by educating and influencing others on content plans and objectives.
- Ensure integrity of Fastly’s brand narrative (voice, style, tone).
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years in a marketing writing role, preferably related to B2B technology at a fast-paced technology company, or at an agency.
- Meticulous attention to detail with outstanding proofreading, fact-checking, and editing skills.
- Experience partnering with subject matter experts (marketers, product managers, engineers) to develop high-value content. Get a few examples ready.
- Ability to understand target prospect/customer personas and tailor messages for that particular audience — from case studies to landing pages to event collateral, and beyond.
- Can collaborate with design to shape, define, or adapt to the creative direction; provides great care for how copy works with the design.
- Team player with outstanding communication skills and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines with a propensity for project management and organizational communication.
- Flexibility to work with a distributed team; your partners will be in many time zones.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!