VP of Talent Learning & Development
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
At TCGplayer the Human Resource team plays a pivotal role in driving and supporting our business growth by creating an engaging environment in which to attract, develop, and inspire the best and brightest talent. We are building the team in key HR areas to deliver on this important work and this leadership role is critical in that effort.
Our ambitions are grand and we are committed to enabling our employees with rich and inspiring learning and development initiatives. Your programs will inspire and deepen their natural curiosity, driving our employees to be the best at what they do. The direct result will be a business that is dynamic and a leader in its markets.
If you are someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and enjoys working with amazing and supportive people, this is the job for you.
- By designing and implementing innovative programs, you will maximize the potential of our talent to build best-in-class, winning teams.
- By developing supporting relationships throughout the business, you will ensure our teams inspire and deliver only top performance, across the board
- Our teams will deliver outstanding results over the long term through strategic and thoughtful organizational structures that you will partner with business leaders to design
- Your metrics and dashboards will enable the measurement of the business impact of the learning and development programs you lead
- Employees will have clear career growth paths based on the work you do with functional leaders to design job families with defined competencies and performance metrics
- Your experience and innovative ideas will enable you to lead, inspire, mentor, and develop HR team members and cross-functional leaders
- 18+ years of experience in HR creating best-in-class, winning teams, built on the foundation of effective and influential relationships with the business, learning and development programs that deliver tangible talent growth, and performance management programs that drive excellence
- Ability to quickly establish trust and form deep and effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Experience and understanding of adult learning theory and its application in high performing teams
- Experience and understanding of innovative performance management programs, progressive discipline processes, and legalities
- Your experience throughout your career must demonstrate advancement in scope and impact on business operations, tangible results, and continuous learning along the way
- A natural curiosity to learn, a hunger to execute and deliver results, a keen sense of people and what makes them tick, the ability to pivot when needed, and humility in all that you do
- Bachelors’ Degree required and/or advanced degree in HR management or related disciplines or relevant
- HR certifications preferred
- We are open to this role being filled by a candidate who works remotely
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈