VP of People
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Human Resources
At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~43% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
The VP of People is a dynamic role, at times you will play the role of manager, thought leader, sometimes coach, and on occasion mediator, with the goal of nurturing and growing our global team. We need a people executive who has scaled an organization and is interested in bringing people best practices to Netlify. You are a strategic thought leader in People Operations, Talent Management, and Recruiting.
As our VP of People you will work cross functionally across the entire organization promoting a people philosophy that entails modeling a progressive workplace, implementing flexible policies that align with our values, and optimizes how our teams work together. You will play a key role in being a team advocate, mentor, and coach. As a member of the executive team you will contribute to broad company decisions, and drive how those decisions are communicated. You’ll report to and collaborate very closely with the co-founders & executive team with all aspects that impact our team members here at Netlify. This role will lead a team of 5, a well established people operations function as well as a tenured recruiting team.
At Netlify we try to govern by a marriage of two notions. A clear distinction of responsibilities combined with having the best idea come from anywhere. To help us build out our org, systems and culture we lean on the framework provided by The Advantage, which essentially is about how being results focused starts with vulnerability based trust.
- You have led a People Team before, scaling a global organization from 100 to 200+ people.
- A skilled communicator, you are inspiring, clear, and thoughtful. Equally comfortable with one-on-one conversations, as well as with the executive team and Board.
- As a skilled mediator and unifier, you bring calm and center to the team, and are able to build consensus & navigate conversations when needed.
- You know how to lead with empathy to build a culture of high performance. Ideally you have experience tying individual & team performance to business results.
- Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion is integral to your people philosophy
- You have deep expertise with creating & refining compensation frameworks that are stage specific and grow with the organization.
- You are an experienced leader and coach, capable of mentoring and growing leaders at all experience levels.
- Prior experience with various types of learning & development.
- You have experience driving and developing a culture that is remote-first and supports a collaborative headquarters that supports anyone anywhere. (post-COVID).
- You have successfully played a part in building transparent communication systems where information is openly shared, feedback is given, and decisions can be challenged.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 63% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈