Vice President of People
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
Genius is hiring a VP of People to report directly to the CEO and own the complete strategy and execution of the end-to-end employee experience at a fast-growing company.
Genius celebrates More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
We champion curiosity and believe that everyone has music knowledge to share: insights, intel, and musings that make us more informed, engaged music lovers.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words.
With more than 100 million global users, 2 million contributors, and 9 million YouTube subscribers, Genius is the world's biggest music encyclopedia—a destination for artists, creatives, and superfans to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
- Oversee development, execution, and delivery of the company-wide people strategy at a 100-person startup (including managing HR and recruiting)
- Drive diversity, inclusion, and people culture initiatives in a multicultural environment
- Serve as a member of the executive team and provide input on major company initiatives
- Provide consistent counsel and coaching on a variety of interpersonal matters
- Refine and execute compensation planning and employee benefits strategy
- Lead the People Team to improve and streamline employee lifecycle processes including recruiting, onboarding, performance management, termination, and ongoing manager and employee training initiatives
- Oversee the management and improvement of our HR systems and processes to enable organizational scale, optimize the employee experience, and minimize HR risk
- Own—in collaboration with the Legal department and outside counsel—all employee-related legal and compliance issues including managing risk surrounding terminations
- 7-10 years of HR experience in a talent-driven organization; 3+ years in a senior position at a fast-growing company
- Track record of success leading company-changing people-related initiatives, including projects for levelling, DEI initiatives, and manager training
- Track record on remote working setup and/or strong theory about remote work
- Broad familiarity with HR best practices, legal, compliance, and employment law
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably handle difficult conversations and dispute resolution
- High degree of comfort working with and influencing other executives
- Experience managing recruiting a plus
- Superior communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈