Sr. Director of People & Culture
The Movement Cooperative
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
We know movement organizing and advocacy are more urgent than ever and many organizations and activists cannot easily access the tools to scale their work.
Launched in 2018, The Movement Cooperative (TMC) is a nonprofit founded with the aim of creating a cooperative community addressing these structural challenges. Currently, our membership stands at more than 50 national member organizations and 500 state-based organizations covered under our licenses. We leverage the collective purchasing power of our membership to secure cooperatively held data and technology licenses shared across membership and invest in common infrastructure like technical staff to support our members in their work. TMC is a member cooperative -- our board is elected by and made up of our member organizations.
We are seeking a Sr. Dir. of People & Culture who will provide strategic direction and co-design a progressive people function that supports cultural effectiveness as well as the achievement of our mission and objectives.
Please note that we have already identified a strong candidate for this role in an applicant for a previous position.
Our Sr. Dir. of People & Culture must bring head and heart to work that will harness the collective power of talent and expertise. They will practice facilitative leadership and help align our values (beliefs), behaviors and outcomes in a way that prioritizes equity, respect, fairness, justice and empowering an employee voice. The Sr. Dir. of People & Culture will work to understand the needs of our diverse community and design strategies, programs, processes and policies that support diverse, high performing, inclusive leaders and teams. As a member of the leadership team, they will develop a strong working relationship with staff, other organizational leaders and our members.
Our mission involves breaking down barriers to access. Our Sr. Dir. of People & Culture will have as their North Star fostering cultural effectiveness while remaining centered on disrupting established power structures, with a focus on helping/enabling marginalized organizations and marginalized communities who exist outside traditional power structures.
- Define, build and deliver a progressive people strategy
- Shape an employee experience that consistently offers and engages staff with opportunities to grow, find challenge and fulfillment at work
- Identify ways to foster the development of high performing diverse teams and leaders
- Manage through change and maintain trust and transparency across levels and functions
- Deeply understand long-term goals, current organizational strengths and challenges, and opportunities to close the gaps
- Collaborate with Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer on long-term human capital and culture strategies.
- Manage and mentor a small, high performing team
- Manage a progressive People function that encompasses Learning and Development, DEI, HR Administration, Recruitment, Employee Experience, Performance Management
- Build People capabilities, programs, processes, procedures and practices
- Develop, administer and revise HR policies and programs
- Assess needs, employee experience, team performance, leadership impacts and develop strategies to close gaps
- Align organizational objectives with broader People strategies.
- Provide strategic direction for People operations
- Provide strategic direction and embed feedback loops for People analytics and insights
- Provide strategic direction on People engagement
- Make recommendations on policies, growth planning, talent management, culture building and other areas when and where possible
- Embed diversity, equity and inclusion into the development and administration of people programs, processes and practices
- Analyze the effectiveness of People operations and policies; work with team to re-engineer processes as needed
- Support and influence workforce planning and maintain a deep understanding of each department’s needs
- Advise, coach, and influence executive leaders, directors and managers
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; where applicable, conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
The person filling this position will be part of TMC’s senior leadership team where they will also help shape the direction of the organization. We are a remote team.
While a very young organization, The Movement Cooperative is dedicated to providing all employees a competitive salary, world-class healthcare, dental and vision benefits, retirement, paid vacation and sick days, flexible holidays, and all-staff holidays, remote virtual office, paid parental and adoption family leaves, and health and wellness benefits. This is a full-time exempt position. Salary range is $125,000 to $145,000 commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position.
The Movement Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
The Movement Cooperative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At The Movement Cooperative, we have a clear vision: to be the organization where a diverse mix of talented people want to be, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best to our members, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. The Movement Cooperative's promotion of diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is more than a commitment at The Movement Cooperative—it is the foundation of why we exist. We are fully focused on equity and believe deeply in a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, location, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈