2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Human Resources
At FindHotel, we discovered early that travel is the one thing that opens people's minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our team comes from a variety of countries and backgrounds, and share the same passion for traveling and discovering new worlds and unconventional ways of doing things. We're a group of independent thinkers, always looking to challenge each other and get better at what we do.
Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we give travellers access to all the information and the available offers for their accommodation of choice. We're a passionate and diverse team of amazing humans who value and respect each other. We're spread between our HQ in Amsterdam and the countries our remote folks work from. We're growing fast! In 2018 and 2019 we've been doubling our bookings year-over-year, and we've helped over one million customers in 2019 alone . Since 2016 we have grown the team from 20 to over 60 team members and we are ready to grow even faster and double the team in the next year.
These growth aspirations mean that we need to further streamline our hiring processes and expand the recruitment efforts and capacity. As a Senior Recruiter you have a unique chance to have a great impact on the further growth and success of FindHotel.
What we expect from you:
As a hands-on recruiter, your first priority is to partner with the team to find the best candidates according to the business needs
- On average and in the next couple of months, you will hire 2 new colleagues per month. These new team members will join across data, product, marketing, operations, leadership and engineering. They come from different backgrounds and parts of the world, but share the same values.
- To attract top talents from all over the world you will use a variety of channels. In the past year about one third of our candidates were sourced, another third were referred by our colleagues or via our network and the last third applied via the various channels we use to publish or spread our vacancies.
- To make sure we select the right candidates at the right time, you work closely with the leadership team and the hiring managers. Based on the needs of the business you build and prioritize the pipeline proactively.
- During the selection process you screen and interview candidates for motivation, cultural fit, attitude and general fit with the technical requirements of the role. While you set a high bar, you focus on strengths rather than lack of weakness and you will actively eliminate bias from the process to ensure we are selecting the best talents who share our work culture.
- To guarantee an optimal candidate experience you manage the candidate pipeline proactively and maintain close communication and a feedback loop with the candidates, from the very beginning of the hiring process until their onboarding
- As a Senior Recruiter you will focus mostly on senior and leadership roles. At the same time, you will train and mentor more junior team members and oversee the process for other roles.
Next to hands-on recruitment you will manage recruitment-related projects and design scalable processes around hiring, so we can keep increasing our recruitment efforts and capacity:
- Together with Caroline, our senior recruiter, and the leadership team you are constantly looking for ways to improve the hiring process and to grow our recruitment capacity according to the business needs. Whether this means introducing new tools or channels, implementing creative new ways of working or adding more (internal or external) capacity: you look for solutions for challenges which present themselves. You optimize the processes for efficiency, quality of hires and an optimal experience for candidates and the hiring team
- To make sure we attract and select the best candidates, you initiate and manage recruitment-related projects. These could include: employer branding, diversity & inclusion, reducing hiring bias, etc.
Some of the challenges for the recruitment team in the next months:
- Hire 4-5 new team members per month
- Set up efficient and effective processes for more high volume recruitment (eg. customer support)
- Build scalable and predictable hiring processes and manage recruitment capacity
- Training and mentoring colleagues from the people squad and hiring managers
What you bring to the table:
- Solid experience recruiting leadership and digital roles in web and data environments, where you owned the end-to-end recruitment process
- Experience working in an international environment, preferably in a (remote-friendly) start/scale-up
- Excellent knowledge of modern recruitment trends and tools
- Excellent communication and networking skills, ability to quickly gain trust from both hiring managers and candidates.
- Curiosity to understand the business, strategy and requirements of the teams, so you can be a true sparring partner for the leadership and hiring managers
- A result-driven attitude: you do what it takes to hire the right candidate and make sure you remove internal and external roadblocks along the way
- A creative approach: you are not afraid to try out new ways of working and to challenge the status quo
- Focus on quality (while keeping the right balance with the speed of hiring)
- Bonus points if you have a strong network in Amsterdam or surroundings, or in the industry.
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which promotes knowledge sharing and transparency.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.
- See our other openings to get a better idea for the type of positions we are adding
- Read on our blog about our hiring process, onboarding process and who we are looking for at FindHotel
- Visit FindHotel to learn about the product we are building
- Read more about how we not only survived the Corona-crisis but also thrived (and kept hiring)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈