People Team Intern
1 month ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta’s People team is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team this summer as an HR Intern. Our People team is deeply integrated into Marqeta’s business processes and practices, and as such, this internship will give you the opportunity to learn more about HR initiatives impacting the entire company and employee experience.
During your time as an HR Intern, you’ll report to our HR Business Partner team which will give you exposure to all aspects of HR from Recruiting and People Operations to Learning & Development and Performance Management.
As a Marqeta intern, you’ll gain support in developing your career and also get business exposure through our leadership speaker series, deepen connections through our mentorship program, and gain visibility when you present your final project at our company all-hands meeting. Beyond that, we have fun, exclusive intern events planned including social events, community volunteering, Intern Hackathons, and more.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, this summer’s internship will be remote. Alongside your intern cohort, you will go through a remote onboarding week and receive plenty of support along the way to empower you throughout your internship journey here at Marqeta. If you are looking to join an inclusive and supportive community, apply today!
- Participate in People team meetings to gain exposure to the team and cross-functional projects
- Assist the HR teams in successfully delivering their initiatives resulting in a world-class employee experience
- Complete assigned ad-hoc HR projects in support of the various HR teams.
- These projects may include:
- Collecting and organizing leadership development materials
- Optimizing personnel files and information on our HRIS system
- Creating employee rosters to support our Recruiting efforts
- Supporting and tracking the mid-year Performance Review process
- Rising Senior working towards your Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Communications, Business or related topic of study
- Embody the Marqeta values of Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First, and Build One Marqeta
- Positive and optimistic approach toward the work, especially when tackling new challenges
- Discretion when handling sensitive employee information
- Self-starter who is results-oriented and resourceful
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Fast learner who is able to adapt to a quickly changing work environment to meet the needs of our employee population
- Experience and proficient in Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheet)
- Available for a 12+ week internship and to work 40 works per week
- Incredible mentors with deep understanding of the fintech and payments space, and are well-versed in product development methodologies.
- Meaningful work that will result in a highly competitive portfolio.
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Competitive pay for interns!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈