People Ops Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Human Resources
[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
The People Team at Quora is responsible for supporting the company in pursuit of our mission. We aim to hire and retain world class employees and to create an environment where they can do their best work. We strive to be innovators and leaders in our field. Our work is more important than ever as Quora transitions to being a remote-first company.
We are looking for a highly motivated contractor to temporarily perform the duties of our current People Ops Manager during their parental leave. This candidate will be responsible for a wide array of HR support functions with exposures to every aspect of HR. Some of the key responsibilities of this role will be managing the day-to-day tasks ranging from immigration to reporting, running the summer feedback cycle, and executing on key culture initiatives to help keep the company more socially connected.
- Manage recurring tasks of the People Ops Manager across several HR processes, like leading the summer feedback cycle, immigration, benefits, and offering support to the rest of the People Ops team as needed
- Collaborate with the rest of the Quora HR team on company-wide HR programs like promoting cohesion among employees by experimenting with and implementing company events, tools, and programs to bring people together in a remote-first world
- Work cross-functionally to identify and implement process and system improvements, while preparing for a return to office scenario post covid
- Assist in establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 5+ years of professional experience at a corporate consulting firm or in an HR role (working with highly confidential information)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to develop positive working relationships across all levels and functions
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines while working with ambiguity
- Knowledge of MS Office and G Suite -- you enjoy working with spreadsheets and have the skills to analyze and manipulate data effectively with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience setting policies and implementing tools/programs to support a remote workforce
- Proactive work style -- you’re driven and considered a self-starter
- Flexibility and eagerness to participate in and/or lead ad hoc projects, as needed
- Previous experience working with a high level of scrappiness, creativity, and personal integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈