2 weeks ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Human Resources
Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. Our vision is to build a society in which we all age with confidence. With a rapidly growing ageing population, overcrowded care homes and social care services underwater, we're facing a social crisis. We're on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can live longer, healthier and happier in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities. We use digital products, cutting-edge home connected devices and AI to empower the care community to deliver better, preventative care.
Launched in 2017, Birdie is a team of 60 socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and one of the top healthtech startups in Europe.
We are building the organisation of the future that will not only improve the lives of millions of older adults but also of our team members, our communities and will protect the environment. We demonstrate our values in everything we do. We care; we succeed together; we grow individually and strive for excellence; we are smart, brave and ambitious; and we nurture fun and a little quirkiness.
We are looking for a People Ops to ensure the smooth running of all internal people processes. This is a truly exciting role for a passionate People Person, who's eager to learn. This role will give you the opportunity to experience and shape what we hope will be an amazing growth journey in shaping a one of kind organisation. Your role will be central to this vision.
How you will contribute
- Onboard new employees and ensure they have access to necessary resources and tech;
- Support employees on a day-to-day basis and answer questions about benefits and company policies;
- Coordinate internal employee wellbeing and engagement efforts, including analysis of fortnightly employee engagement surveys;
- Coordinate with our financial team on payroll and pension;
- Help perpetuate our values throughout the employee lifecycle from recruitment to offboarding as well as every step in between;
- Coordinate quarterly company events;
- Office Management for our Head office;
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience administering payroll and pension;
- You have sound knowledge of UK HR compliance and policy;
- You are organised and able to juggle competing priorities;
- You love working closely with people and can easily connect and sympathise with their needs and goals;
- You are interested in employee wellbeing and engagement, as well as driving company culture;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You enjoy working with remote teams;
- You have an approachable and trustworthy personality.
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Birdie, so please apply if you meet a majority of these competencies.
We have put together an exciting and highly attractive package for this role.
- A competitive salary of £30k (pro-rata)
- Private health insurance + pension employer contribution
- Personal learning & development budget
- A flexible Wellbeing Budget
- Flexible working. We're all remote at the moment, and while we do currently have an office in London, we're working towards becoming a distributed-first company.
- 25 days of holiday (pro-rata) + bank holidays
- A generous wellbeing leave policy
- An enhanced equal parental leave policy
- Frequent company socials, trips and meals - believe us we have fun!
The interview process for this role will be approximately 3-4 hours in total (which we accommodate as much as possible around your obligations), comprising interviews with 3-4 Birdie team members, and a short assessment on a relevant topic which is agreed in advance.
Join Birdie and seize this unique opportunity to shape the future of a transformative tech startup, to create positive social change, and develop yourself very fast in a flat, flexible, close-knit & transparent organisation.
We have a grand vision to transform how society deals with ageing, starting with radically improving the lives of 1 million older adults in the next 3 years. We dream big and speed is of the essence.
We’re all entrepreneurs at Birdie. We’re a flat organisation, with no manager to tell you what to do but a community of peers and coaches to support you.
We’re highly collaborative and iterative. Everything we do is transparent to anyone, be it objectives and key results, compensation packages and equity or strategic conversations.
Growing with trust is key. Everyone sets their own development plan and gets support to learn fast, from training to books or coaches. We live by radical candour: we give honest feedback and care deeply & personally about each other.
Check our blog post on the Birdie Way, to see how we're building the best place to work, one day at a time. Join us now to improve the lives of millions!
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈