People Operations / HR Generalist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
Adwerx is one of the Best Places to Work and fastest growing startups in the country. We are proud of our culture and seek out people who embody our four core values to embrace growth, seek truth, take ownership, and leave a positive wake.
As a growing company, our needs are also growing. We are looking for a People Operations/HR Generalist who is experienced with supporting teams in employee experience, performance management, recruitment, HR guidelines, employee relations, compliance, and other related topics. You will be part of a small and mighty people team that wears many hats.
- Serve as a point of contact to answer questions, and help employees navigate all aspects of People Operations (benefits, leaves of absence, time off, etc.)
- Proactively identify opportunities for programs that could improve the employee experience
- Partner with leadership to find creative and innovative ways to build engaged, high-performing teams
- Enhance company culture through employee engagement and appreciation programs, committees, activities, events etc.
- Manage the performance review cycles
- Partner with managers on performance management and mentoring conversations
- Assist with recruiting efforts as needed
- Reviews applications to screen for minimum requirements
- Perform initial candidate phone screens and evaluations
- Guide candidates throughout the recruiting process: keeping them informed, engaged, and excited about joining Adwerx
- Coordinate and schedule all logistics for the interview and onboarding process
- Manage and resolve employee relations matters
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and leaders
- Coach employees and leaders regarding employee relations, disciplinary actions, career development, and performance management
Learning, Development and Safety
- Consult with leaders to assess employee learning and development needs
- Design and coordinate learning and development programs that are effective, engaging, and outcome oriented
- Maintain and refresh employee safety programs
- Administer and maintain employee records and documentation in all electronic systems (Paylocity, Dropbox, Excel, Employee Navigator etc.), ensuring data integrity, timeliness, and legal compliance
- Run ad-hoc and regular reporting (headcount, terminations, new hires, promotions, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries for employment information/verification requests consistent with company policies and confidentiality requirements
- Participate in various compensation surveys and pull compensation market data from various sources to assist in determining competitive wage rate
- Remain up-to-date on federal, state and local employment legislation and best practices to minimize risk and exposure to the company
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews
- You have at least 3 years of experience in an HR role on a growing team (Startup experience is a huge plus)
- You have incredible attention to detail and love helping keep things organized
- You love building systems and optimizing processes so we can work as efficiently as possible
- You are familiar with the best practices for HR/People but you are also someone who is comfortable straying from conventional practices to find solutions for the challenges we are solving for
- You are excited about being a partner to all employees
- You've worked at a tech company focused on growth and known for building a strong team
What You'll Get:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of basic plan premiums paid by company)
- 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 4%
Note the Adwerx team is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. We hope to return to our office in Durham, NC in 2021, but are also open to applicants who wish to work remotely indefinitely.
Inc. 5000 -2017 (inc. 500), 2018, 2019, 2020
Inc. Best Places to Work-2018, 2019
Triangle Business Journal Fast 50 - 2017, 2019, 2020
NC Mid-Market Fast 40 Awards -2018, 2019
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈