People & Culture Director
Big Viking Games
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Human Resources
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That's what we're all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is seeking a strategic and data-driven People & Culture Director to join our energetic People & Culture team. Our ideal candidate will be motivated to take on a senior role to lead and transform the Viking experience as we navigate a post-pandemic world. With that in mind, this position can be based out of Toronto or London Ontario, or another remote location.
- Reporting to the BVG General Manager, the People & Culture Director will set the strategy for building a team of Vikings that are empowered and supported to make fans.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Director will bring a confident voice to business-critical conversations and decisions. In conversations, you will demonstrate your well-earned expertise and also present data-driven solutions, to ensure Viking needs and priorities are a key part of BVG's business decisions.
- The Director will build a robust Viking lifecycle experience by setting the people strategy, securing SLT buy-in, and driving initiatives through to execution.
- Enable BVG to navigate the future of work, guiding how we undertake transformation initiatives and recruitment best practices for remote environments that are reflective of pandemic realities and the future of work.
- Oversee and make recommendations to organizational structure to ensure Vikings are best positioned to make fans stronger, everyday. In other words, help BVG ensure it is customer- or fan-centric in everything we do.
- Oversee the assessment of employee engagement, presenting insights and recommendations to the SLT. This includes quarterly surveys as well as regular pulse updates and informal polling. Represent Vikings accurately as their voice on the SLT.
- Lead Viking communications and support the P&C team in developing materials for all internal and external recruitment and employer brand communications initiatives.
- Create a consistent and meaningful Viking employee experience. Using survey findings and external best practices, design and improve the Viking experience from recruitment and onboarding to goal setting and mentoring, and through to Viking alumni.
- Draw on evolving best practices in diversity, inclusion and belonging to inform the Viking experience. Update or create appropriate policies, lead SLT conversations on important issues, and lead training experiences for Vikings.
- Oversee the performance management process, including annual performance reviews, and the introduction of new feedback mechanisms to increase the frequency and quality of feedback at all levels.
- Coach people leaders and managers to help them drive effective career conversations, foster feedback and encourage their people to master their craft through personal development and growth planning.
- Provide expertise in the development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts and have a deep understanding of employment legislation and people best practices.
- 7+ years of HR experience in a high-growth environment (preferably in a rapidly expanding or high-tech organization)
- 5+ years of experience as an HR Manager
- University Degree or equivalent experience, CHRP designation a strong asset
- Experience running an HR department for a remote or hybrid workplace would be an advantage
- Experience building job matrix, performance review systems and compensation policies would be an asset
- A proactive, energetic and entrepreneurial leadership style
- Knowledge of HR legislation and applications along with demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Comfortable operating in a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to analyze trends with data and key metrics to propose recommendations
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time-off policies
- To ensure our employees' safety, we are currently working remotely
Become a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we'd love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈