People & Culture Advisor
Raspberry Pi Foundation
4 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: UK or Ireland
Category: Human Resources
6 month fixed term contract
Location: Cambridge or remote (UK or Ireland)
Salary: £36,000 - £38,000
Basis: Fixed term; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the UK or Ireland
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity working to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn new knowledge and skills.
Through Code Club and CoderDojo, we support the world’s largest networks of free computing clubs for young people. Tens of thousands of educators have taken our free online courses, and millions of people use our free online learning resources. We are part of a consortium that has been awarded £82m in government funding to train computing teachers in every school in England.
We are at the forefront of the global movement to help young people learn about computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
The Foundation has grown significantly over the past 18 months, and we are set to continue growing and evolving over the coming year in order to help millions of young people all over the world learn computing and digital making skills. We have big ambitions, and we are building a team that has the talent and capabilities to achieve them.
Reporting to the People and Culture Manager, you will play an important role in developing the People & Culture function, particularly in terms of policies and processes to ensure they meet the needs of a fast-growing organisation. You will help us drive improvements in recruitment, online training and development and our approach to Diversity & Inclusion.
You will work closely with the People & Culture Coordinators, providing them with advice and helping them grow their knowledge and skills in these areas. You will also support and advise managers from across the business to grow and develop capabilities. You will deal directly with candidates and employees at all levels of our organisation.
You will have previously operated as a HR generalist, ideally in a small but fast-growing business setting where you had to be versatile and proactive in order to get things done. Highly organised and efficient, you will happily juggle many different tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We strive to make the Foundation a place where talented people who care about our mission can do the best work of their careers. We have a flexible and collaborative approach to all aspects of our work. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll make it work for you, and you can be confident that you will be working within an exceptional team.
- Support the People & Culture Manager to deliver the Diversity & Inclusion action plan including developing our approach to recruitment and training and development.
- Work with the People & Culture Manager to develop and implement key organisational policies, processes and practices.
- Work with the relevant People & Culture Coordinator and People & Culture Manager to drive improvements in the recruitment process to ensure the Foundation continues to attract and recruit awesome candidates. You will take the lead on the development of our recruitment platform, ensuring that our recruitment strategy is data driven and with a focus on Diversity & Inclusion.
- Work with the relevant People & Culture Coordinator and the People & Culture Manager to drive and deliver an effective online learning and development programme.
- Support the People & Culture Manager to develop and manage all HR processes and procedures across the Foundation, including performance management, pay and remuneration and HR systems.
- Using the HR system, support the People & Culture Manager in compiling HR data reports such as Diversity & Inclusion, absence, job details etc as required by the P&C team and the senior leadership team.
- Fulfil ad hoc tasks as required by the Executive team, Director of Operations and People & Culture Manager.
Experience and personal attributes
You should have:
- Experience supporting and implementing Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Experience of working as an HR generalist in a small, fast-paced organisation
- A thorough understanding of the latest technology and search methods available for attracting and developing talent
- Knowledge of employment/labour law in the UK, US, Ireland and India
- A proactive and resourceful approach to your work
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to spot and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Confident communication skills - able to communicate effectively with colleagues across all levels in the organisation
- Be motivated by challenge and constant change
- Work with integrity and compassion at all times.
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Experience working with employment lawyers
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or above.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance policy
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Generous family leave policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Regular organisation-wide maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, drinks in all our offices.
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 4 October 2020
Interviews: from 6 October 2020
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK or Ireland.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈