People and Talent Assistant
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Human Resources
Here at Opensignal, we are seeking a People and Talent Assistant to join our People team. You will be reporting to the VP, People and will be helping ensure our Opensignalers continue to have the best possible employee experience throughout their journey with us. We believe this is a brilliant opportunity for the right person to continue to carve out their HR career.
Who is Opensignal?
Opensignal is a mobile analytics company, and we are the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyse real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks and improving connectivity across the world.
Founded in 2010, Opensignal is a high-growth global company, backed by an impressive portfolio of investors. Many of our Opensignalers are based in London, where we have an office that can be used to come together to collaborate and connect in-person from time to time, but the teams you'll work with are global. A truly international team, our Opensignalers work across four continents, and represent almost 30 nationalities.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a People and Talent Assistant to join our agile, high-impact, experienced team delivering a first-class employee experience to our global Opensignalers. You are highly motivated to carve out your HR career and the opportunity to create positive change within a fast-paced, scaling environment. You will have a flexible mindset with the ability to prioritise your workload in a remote working environment that is continuously changing.
What will you be doing?
Here's the exciting bit… You'll be getting involved with all areas of the employee lifecycle and some people-related projects! You will be able to get stuck in with our recruitment efforts, provide support to our global teams and take ownership of areas like onboarding new joiners, managing our people tools, organising internal learning sessions and more!
As our People and Talent Assistant, you'll be
- Managing the advertisements for all open positions within Opensignal, coordinating digital and in-person interviews for candidates across the global teams and working with our Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure applicants are consistently kept updated throughout the recruitment process
- You'll support the Talent Acquisition Manager and Marketing team to create engaging content for Opensignal's careers page and social media channels, to attract all-star candidates.
Core people responsibilities
- Owning the onboarding process for new Opensignalers to ensure new joiners have everything they need to set them up for success from their first day.
- Acting as the first point of contact for day-to-day employee queries, escalating to the People Advisor where necessary.
- Owning the day-to-day management of our cloud-based people tools, keeping employee information up to date, running reports and ensuring tool features are fully used.
- Keeping employee files up to date, conducting regular audits to review data accuracy.
- Working with the People Advisor and our Finance team to ensure they receive accurate and timely payroll information
- Supporting, and in time owning, the management of the 'Employee Handbook', keeping it up to date with relevant information
- Supporting our People Analytics activities, running reports, and in time, supporting the creation of insightful presentations shared in our regular people management forums.
- Working with the rest of the People team to continue automating our systems and processes as we scale, maintaining simple, smooth and efficient experiences.
- You'll also be assisting the successful roll-out of exciting people-related projects we have planned for the rest of 2021 and beyond – with a focus on the 'future of work' for Opensignal in the post-pandemic world.
Learning, benefits and culture responsibilities
- Help our teams to understand and engage with our benefits offerings, and in time, own the day-to-day management of our global benefit platforms.
- Scheduling 'Openlearning' and 'Openculture' sessions (internal educational talks), and in time, run sessions independently, using your creativity and internal networks to suggest ideas that will enhance a learning culture.
- Supporting the management of our learning platform and working with the People Advisor to drive engagement of Opensignaler's learning and wellbeing budgets.
- Coordinating the celebration of key work milestones, including work anniversaries, promotions and employee recognition awards; and significant life events, including birthdays and parenthood.
- Take responsibility for sending out quarterly Opensignaler care packages. Use your creativity to suggest ideas our team will love, and use your organisation skills to ensure the packages are delivered to our global teams.
- Supporting the curation of Open news, the all-company monthly internal newsletter, in collaboration with the People Advisor.
- Scheduling our regular company-wide events, such as company town halls and support with preparation for company-wide meetings
What do we need from you?
- As a People and Talent Assistant, we expect you to ideally have 1-2 years of experience working within an HR-related position; exposure to international working environments and/or experience within the technology or software industry would be the cherry on top!
- Comfortable and effective at working remotely, collaborating with team members across different locations through digital channels.
- Educated in a discipline such as HR, Law, Psychology, or Business Management would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally; communicating professionally with employees, members of the senior management team and external suppliers won't faze you.
- An organisational wizard who can manage your time effectively; you take pride in your attention to detail. You are focused, level-headed and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues promptly. You'll be able to show creativity and resilience in your approach. You are also not afraid to ask for help and will proactively ask for clarification if actions, progress or outcomes are unclear.
- The ability to work independently, confidentially and professionally. Previous experience managing sensitive information is a plus.
- You are approachable, open-minded with a positive can-do attitude; you care about what you do and enjoy making others feel welcome and supported.
- You will have a willingness to learn, proactively looking for opportunities to expand and grow your skills.
- You enjoy putting clear, well-documented processes in place that are enabled by technology, continuously seeking to automate workflows and streamline processes via digital tools built for remote management in mind.
- Familiar with Mac, Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite; working with new tools won't phase you.
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, company-wide bonus, private healthcare (including wellbeing subscriptions and discounted gym membership), life insurance, cycle to work scheme and MacBook
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- £1000 learning and wellbeing budget with access to a learning platform providing access to thousands of resources to spend it on – from conferences to subscriptions, courses and training, as well as regular 'Openlearning' and 'Openculture' sessions (internal education talks)
- Twenty-five days holiday per year, enhanced parental leave and generous, flexible working culture, including a yearly allowance to work from abroad
- Our Opensignalers - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Regular all-company virtual events – from regular company townhalls and socials to 'Openclubs' (from our book club to photography club). When it's safe and feasible to do so again, we will reignite our quarterly company get togethers and bi-annual away days with our global teams.
- Due to the pandemic, we have been working remotely but have an office space in Angel, London. As we begin to transition out of the pandemic, we will continue to operate in a distributed way, with the expectation to come into the office as and when needed; this could look like 2-4 days per month for this role. We will also support you to set up an effective home office environment.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈