International HR Associate (Startup Remote Work for Early Career)
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Human Resources
Looking to join a company where you can make an impact? Are you looking for flexibility in your career and craving creative freedom?
This role is perfect for you, if you're looking for opportunities to grow and be part of a growing global team.
Shield GEO provides outsourced employment and payroll in over 90 countries. You will be supporting our team of global mobility consultants in the ongoing management of our GEO employees based all over the world. Your role is to help them in delivering great customer service.
This is an administration heavy role. You will have plenty of support from our operational teams, systems and technology platform.
You will have the opportunity to work remotely and with flexible hours. We are happy to support you if you'd like to travel while working with us, but expect you to have completed your training before commencing your travel plans. You'll also have the opportunity to advance your career in a young, growing company.
Whilst we welcome applicants from anywhere, we would prefer that you are based in a country where we have existing team members:
We are also currently focusing on looking for people in the APAC and Americas timezones for the next round of hires.
- Organised and detail oriented
- Love helping people
- The duties and salaries of this role are suited more for early career applicants
If the thought of being part of a young company with opportunities to create and ideate excite you, you're at the right place. This is a chance for you to get into the International HR and Global Mobility industry.
We're a remote-friendly company with employees all around the world. We don't want to be limited by location and are open to hiring anyone from anywhere – as long as it's a great fit for us both.
Every person is unique. At Shield GEO, we encourage an inclusive culture that embraces each individual's differences. We believe that diversity of thought is vital to generating creative ideas, developing effective strategies and making better decisions.
When hiring we do not discriminate by any unlawful means including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
We offer reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities wherever possible. Our employees are provided with the basic equipment required to give them a comfortable, safe and productive workplace. If you require additional equipment beyond our standard offering we are happy to work with you to try to find a solution.
Before we get to know you, you might like to get an idea of who we are so you can decide if you want to be a part of what we're about.
We can't quite show you what it's like to work with us but you can hear from our employees themselves. Here're some articles written by our Co-Founder, Customer Success Manager and Digital Marketing Manager.
- Working remotely and flexibly with Shield Geo
- Leave policy
- Work equipment policy
- Workplace Diversity policy
Our 4 values are integral to who we are. Our company culture is constantly evolving, every person who joins us adds something unique to our culture. But our values are shared by all Shield GEO employees. Do these values resonate with you?
We believe that personal growth and company growth go hand in hand. We look to foster our own growth and help grow the company. Every day is an opportunity to face a new challenge and get a little better. In our world of international employment it is impossible to know all the answers. Instead of trying to know everything, we focus on knowing how to solve problems. When mistakes happen we know it's all part of the learning curve and we seek feedback to help us improve. We keep an eye on the big picture so we can identify improvements to processes and systems. As the problems become larger and more complex, it means that we'll need more flexible and agile minds to come up with solutions.
We are self-motivated and love to see tasks to completion. Our managers and team mates are often in different time zones, and that's ok! We aren't afraid to step up when things get a little tough. We don't like to micro-manage or be micromanaged. We trust our team mates to carry out their part of the process. We are responsible for our own workload and making sure we get our most important things done each day. If we get stuck we proactively seek help. And we show our reliability and accountability by keeping our systems updated. This also means our results can speak for themselves.
Our clients trust us with compliance on their most important asset - their employees. This is a big responsibility! Doing the right thing means oftentimes we choose a harder path and see it through to the end. It means we are open with our colleagues, clients and suppliers about bad news just the same as we share good news. And sometimes doing the right thing means we have to make decisions that will upset the very person we are trying to help. It's a high standard but we stand by this very strongly. Doing the right thing also means considering how our actions impact those around us.
We are a service business and helping people is at the core of everything we do. We pride ourselves on how we interact with colleagues, service providers and clients. We recognize that in all areas we're dealing with real humans.
We know that working remotely and dealing with such a mix of people around the world is challenging. We know that if we are having trouble understanding someone, they are also struggling to understand us. Empathy is fundamental to helping us discover what people mean and how they are feeling. To avoid misinterpretation we assume best intent in others.
Because so much of our communication is written and asynchronous, we default to over-communication. This means we give extra details because we don't leave people guessing. We make sure our words are clear and easy to understand. And we are kind to our fellow humans.
Do you fit our culture?
We think these are the most important characteristics for all Shield GEO employees. Is this you?
- You love to get things done and you especially like solving problems.
- You have empathy with your customers and partners
- You are well organized with an eye for detail. Please keep your cover letter under 250 words and highlight one achievement you're most proud of.
- You're self-motivated. You'll be reporting to someone in another time-zone and be comfortable being judged on your results.
- You are clear, detailed and thoughtful in expressing yourself whether you're on the phone, sending an email or making notes on a case. We are a mostly remote company interacting with a broad range of people located all over the world. Clear and detailed communication is essential in this environment. When dealing with external parties, you will need to ask questions and provide answers in ways that anyone can understand. Your written notes in our internal systems must make your work and decisions easy for others to follow.
- You use analytical skills to understand the root cause of a problem.
- You are decisive but also open to feedback if something isn't working.
- You are persistent. If you run into a roadblock you will try another approach.
- You keep an eye on the big picture so you can identify longer term improvements to processes and systems. You try to get a little better every day and understand the long term benefits gained by creating reliable processes and systems.
- You love helping people and pride yourself on your interaction with customers / business units.
Essential Characteristics of this role
- You are very well organised and resourceful, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills while coordinating with an international team
- You are extremely self-disciplined and able to prioritise your work efficiently
- Takes initiative, outcome focused
You will be working very closely with an account manager as part of the global mobility team, this requires you to be in UK and EU time zones. Most of us work remotely and communicate via video communication tools. You should therefore also have excellent internet communication.
- Create cases
- Update our CRM platforms with latest status on cases
- Monitor progress of cases raised by account managers (AMs) and alert/request action from Subject Matter Experts if a case has been left unattended for too long
- Send input requests from AM account
- Update our communication platforms with client responses and add inputs to the checklist as per AM's instructions
- Compile AM emails for clients who do respond to inputs by deadline to inform them we are proceeding with no additional inputs
- Send invoices from AM account
- Create out of cycle (OOC) invoices as per AM instructions
- Compile emails for AM to request for unpaid invoices
- Update invoice status page
- Ensure checklists are updated
- Support Account Manager in inputting monthly invoicing figures in Salesforce for the required clients
- Check the relevant invoicing card checklist item has been updated
- Ensure the expense reports are saved with the right naming convention and in the relevant folder created on Salesforce
- Support the Account Manager in sending out all payroll and OOC invoices
- Ensure Salesforce invoice card is updated with the actions completed
- Prepare follow up email templates for the AMs to send to clients
- Send payslips to employees who've requested a PDF copy
- Update checklists with progress of process diligently
- Inform the client and the employees on a monthly basis when payslips have been uploaded into Salesforce Dropbox
- Create EC/WP expiry emails to client on behalf of your AM, and update our CRM platform accordingly
- Create case for tracking purposes
- Request local partners to proceed with renewal
- Save renewal docs once finalised
- Update Salesforce platform with new dates for EC and WP
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈