Human Resources Manager, EMEA
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Human Resources
The HR and Talent Acquisition Manager for EMEA and APAC is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will reside in the UK and be able to travel to London as needed to be within proximity of our EMEA operations teams. Some travel may be required for conferences and internal meetings.
Over the last three years our EMEA and APAC Teams have grown rapidly as more clients across more industries understand the significant difference we can make for their businesses. Growth means that we need a continuing pipeline of top talent ready to serve our exciting new clients and the right operations teams in place to support these team members. The Human Resources and Talent Acquisition Manager supporting the EMEA and APAC regions will hold a critical role, enabling us to grow by sourcing and hiring new teammates along a process he/she manages and continually refines as well as supporting the ongoing needs and development of the team members in these regions.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have at least a five-year human resources and talent acquisition track record that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for processes that delivers what the company really needs, not just meeting quotas or checking the box. She/he will also have a history of embracing relationships within a firm and across a wide network of potential recruits and referral sources. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to Excel & Improve by consistently evaluating refinements to processes showing a passion for continued learning.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of EMEA, with accountability to our Global HR and Talent Acquisition Teams, the Human Resources and Talent Acquisition Manager will have overall responsibility for adding talent for all of Acceleration Partners’ needs, both client facing and within the operations teams that supports the firm, in our current EMEA and APAC markets as well as new markets we are entering. For talent acquisition, creative sourcing strategy will be key, as we need to look beyond the pool of people who have experience in our industry. As both high client service standards and a strong, cohesive culture are non-negotiable for us, our recruiting process is demanding and highly interactive with our client service team. For human resources, being able to support and understand the diverse needs of our talent team across regions and countries will be the key to success. This role will require expert management of the many talent and people processes, coordinating internal team members as well as coaching and engaging candidates and employees. This role will be the regional face of the AP talent brand and must be comfortable with having significant accountability to maintaining our high standards of excellence.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead Recruiting for EMEA and APAC Regions – Responsibilities include candidate sourcing and interviewing. Execute proactive sourcing strategy by identifying top talent using various online resources (ie: LinkedIn), keyword search techniques, building target company lists, gathering competitor research, and reaching out to potential candidates using effective messaging. Update job posts on company website and various other job boards on a regular basis. Conduct effective phone interviews for designated open positions, maintaining a high standard for talent. Present top tier candidates to the next phase of the interview process creating efficiency for our hiring managers
2. Lead HR Resource for EMEA and APAC Regions – Responsibilities include benefits administration, compliance, employment law, performance management, and employee relations support. Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leave, benefits, and resolve any issues that may arise. Deliver employee communications and messages as needed to keep employees engaged and connected with the business. Own the maintenance, and implementation of regional employee policies, handbooks, and benefit manuals. Working closely with our global entities and PEO providers, perform benefit administration duties and communicate benefit information to our employees. Maintain and ensure compliance with local, and national labor law regulations. Maintain knowledge and be a champion of employment law in all of our EMEA and APAC locations Undertake various tasks around performance management including organizing and sending notices regarding review cycles, provide coaching support for managers around performance conversations, and administering tools and processes.
3. Support Onboarding and Offboarding - Administer the employee onboarding process ensuring a smooth transition from the recruiting team as a new employee and securing employee needs. Handle offboarding processes including employee relations counseling, preparing notices and other paperwork, and facilitating the administrative process.
4. General Administration and Support – Maintain integrity of People Systems including HRIS and ATS systems for candidates and employees. Assist with management of Applicant Tracking System and data integrity for all EMEA and APAC candidates. Review resumes daily and vet required qualifications for a high volume of applicants. Provide feedback to candidates in a timely fashion ensuring a positive candidate experience. Maintain master recruiting dashboard and weekly candidate pipeline reports with accurate information.
5. Culture and Employee Brand- Logistical support for various culture initiatives and internal meetings. Maintain employer branding updates on a weekly basis. Identify and utilize social and professional networking groups including diversity resources and affiliate industry related groups. Collaborate with marketing team. Contribute to a variety of continuous process improvement initiatives related to hiring.
What Success Looks Like:
By Three Months: You have ramped up to full day-to-day ownership of the AP recruiting and HR process, managing the routine as well as the occasional surprise and unusual request with minimal daily guidance. You have formed solid relationships with internal stakeholders and are the main point of contact for employee questions.
First Twelve Months: EMEA and APAC regions both have a solid pipeline of candidates, yielding deep pools of high quality talent for the roles we fill continuously; some of these candidates come from new sources you have developed. You have made improvements to the process, which is running smoothly and efficiently, with high internal and candidate satisfaction. Our talent brand is stronger than ever, and our new hires have at least an 85% success rate at the one year mark. You are improving the day-to-day operations of our regional HR function by streamlining and creating new processes and bringing in more global efficiency and alignment. You are seen as a go-to coach for employee relations matters and a trusted HR professional. You are fully versed in employment law in all of our EMEA and APAC regional locations and our resident subject matter expert. Challenging employee situations are being managed with little guidance from VP, Talent & Culture and while you are 90% autonomous information is freely flowing between all regional and global team members and issues are being escalated appropriately.
You are great for this role if you:
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done and with a high bar for excellence and resilience in difficult situations.
- Have confidence, poise, and eloquence when speaking to an audience or with executives
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Have incredible organization and time management skills and are capable of coordinating several projects at once, often with contending objectives.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a strong attention to detail
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Can adapt and shift readily and quickly to changing situations
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of human resources, talent acquisition, and/or people operations experience required
- Formal education in human resources or a related field require; certifications a plus
- Experience with a global business and international employment laws, a plus
- Ability to learn quickly
- Comfortable with intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must be able to comfortably format and analyze spreadsheets as well as create basic PowerPoint presentations for training
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Previous experience coaching others through difficult conversations
Why Acceleration Partners?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈