Human Resources Manager
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Human Resources
Aspiring Human Resources Manager who wants to break into HR
You are passionate about building long lasting relationships and are curious about what makes people tick. You are willing to listen more than talk. You have attention to detail both with people and process. You hypothesize, test, and validate on a regular basis. You bring a fresh perspective to the (virtual) table. You want to work for a company that helps you grow both professionally and personally. Ready to leap where you haven't leapt before?
We are well funded and growing exponentially. Last year, our revenue grew faster than Uber when they were our size. We are building the world's most advanced tools for retail and e-commerce. Our customers include local retailers such as Alexanian's, Fortune 500 companies, and leading global brands such as Crate&Barrel. We are looking for obsessive and collaborative challenge-seekers to amplify our momentum and help us create an iconic Canadian tech company.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with our executive team to build world class hiring capabilities
- Identify metrics and insights that lead to much better hiring decisions
- Test, refine, and perfect assessments and interviews
- Develop the systems and programs to inspire, motivate, develop, and manage a rapidly growing team of highly skilled professionals
- Process oriented thinking
- Track record of iterative approach to improvements
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness to (re)learn everything about hiring, from scratch
- We encourage applicants without previous experience in HR because we don't tackle hiring like everyone else out there
About our culture
- We work in tight-knit teams to maximize speed and cultivate an ownership mentality.
- We cherish curiosity and an obsession for details because we know these details are invaluable over the long run.
- We promote an open environment where ideas are challenged. The best ideas win.
- We judge ourselves based on our achievements and our ability to execute on our promises. We act with urgency.
- We love to compete and have fun. Beware of our game nights!
About our products
Imagine you want to buy a rug for your living room or a new floor for your bedroom. You've been searching for new tiles for your kitchen or a new countertop for your island. You definitely want to make sure it will look good in your space. Our technology lets you see the products in your own room before you buy. Try our rug demo now! Simply upload a picture of your room using your mobile phone, and slide the rug under your coffee table:
5x increase in e-commerce conversion rates and a dramatic decrease in the time it takes to make a purchase decision. We are also reducing carbon footprint by eliminating trips to the store and avoiding product returns, while also saving marriages -- because now you can be sure the products you buy for your home will fit and look good.
About our office and remote work
We are conveniently located in downtown Toronto with nearby access to both of the main subway lines. Our office is spacious with roomy desks, comfortable chairs, and top tech gear. The kitchen is packed with essentials including healthy snacks, exotic teas and fresh ground coffee. And we are surrounded by great restaurants and food options. The only downside is we don't have any plants (yet).
Many of us choose to work from home, either full-time or partially. We encourage our teams to work from wherever they are most productive. We've come up with a few ways to keep everyone on the same page, including a quick company-wide check-in every Monday, remote coffee breaks on Fridays, and ad-hoc topical sharing sessions. Another big upside is you get to be around plants (if you have them).
About our hiring process
Now: You upload your resume and complete a brief questionnaire.
Week 1: We arrange a phone call with you to assess your abilities.
Week 1 or 2: You attend the first on-site (or video) interview.
Week 2 or 3: You attend the second on-site (or video) interview soon after.
Week 2 or 3: You receive an offer.
Take the Leap. Apply now.
Our demo, in case you missed it:
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈