Human Resources (HR) Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
SnackMagic is a global snack and swag gifting service. Our unique edge is our signature build-your-own/customizable snack stash concept. Through SnackMagic, corporate organizers are able to use our easy-to-use platform to provide mood-boosting gifts to delight groups of 5-20,000.
We’re a product-first ambitious team that’s obsessed with a united vision for taking our business to new heights, and we're a true pandemic pivot story. We transformed from a solid New York City-based corporate lunch service, called STADIUM, whose trajectory was thrown off-course given the changing dynamic of working on-site to working at-home, and have since never looked back. SnackMagic today has outpaced years of STADIUM's growth due to our agile team and ability to pioneer a new way to bring companies together in a changing world.
As a rapidly growing company, we are looking for our first Human Resources Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for scouting, recruiting, hiring, terminating, and being a support system for employees, as well as setting and standardizing company HR policies. You will be at the exciting forefront of seeing our team scale and grow in talent, more now than it has before. Most importantly, you will be central to reinforcing our company culture.
SnackMagic is based in New York City, but this would be a remote position.
This is a contract-to-hire role, to be evaluated for a full-time role after 3 months. This hire will report to the company's co-founder.
Please take a moment to review Our Company Values (Needed for new applicant questionnaire)
- 2-5 years of HR experience, certifications a plus, bachelor's degree required
- Hard-working, mature, and positive attitude
- No ego and no set ways of doing things- open mindedness and experimentation is very key to our company
- Liaise with leadership team to create a recruitment plan for global full-time and part-time hires according to business needs projections
- Generate official internal documents such as but not limited to offer letters, employee handbook, time-off/vacation policy, etc.
- Create onboarding plans and help new hires get educated on company culture, organizational structure, HR policies, other internal procedures
- Maintain physical and digital files for each employee related to: onboarding documents, benefits, and performance metrics
- Create employee engagement and coaching plans; initiating, engaging and planning team-wide morale-boosting activities
- Manage third-party HR-related vendors such as PEO (professional employer organization)
- Evaluate employee performance in conjunction with hiring manager, and appraising their promotions accordingly
- Taking appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate company policy, and terminate employees as needed empathetically and, legally
- Competitive salary, benefits & on-boarding package for the right candidate
- True ground-floor opportunity at an exciting, fast-paced growing company
- Guaranteed to make an impact, and be given autonomy to contribute and shape our design culture
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈