Human Resources (HR) Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
Avvir is out to change the way we interact with the built environment. We create and continuously update a digital replica of buildings that serve as the building’s system of record. We do this by comparing the 3D design models (known as BIMs) that are created at the outset of a building’s construction to laser scans of the ever changing reality. During construction this enables stakeholders to identify construction errors and monitor progress in real time. And once a building is occupied, we enable that digital twin to serve as a platform for the internet of things, integrating data from hundreds of connected sensors in a common data environment.
We value and practice outcome over effort, common decency, passion for the work, and respect for personal lives. We are headquartered in New York City and have 19 employees. We have diverse backgrounds, encourage collaboration and teamwork, and cheer each other on. We work on an East Coast (US) schedule and are currently fully remote.
- In less than 12 months we’ve gone from $300k in ARR to $1.4m.
- We just raised $10m in Series A funding.
- Our current customers love us. We have negative churn over the last 12 months.
As Avvir’s Human Resource Manager, you will help our team grow from ~20 employees to 45 this year. You will also act as a first point of contact for most HR functions, partnering with our dynamic and purpose-driven group of software engineers, sales, business development, and customer operations professionals to increase employee happiness and enhance the work of our team. You’ll be responsible for helping us to nurture and sustain our culture as a “remote first” company. As well as develop and evolve a variety of HR programs ranging from performance management and talent planning to people development.
An ideal candidate for this role is a seasoned, established HR professional, who has demonstrable experience developing and maturing an HR practice in companies of various sizes, and can self-direct when necessary.
The role is fully remote. Hours can be flexible, but you would need to be available during our team’s core working hours: 10am - 5pm EST.
- Hiring/Recruitment: Support managers in recruitment and hiring functions from candidate screening through to offer negotiations. Help define roles and create job descriptions, and perform compensation analysis. Advance our employee onboarding process.
- Employee Happiness Initiatives: Nurture a positive working environment; bridge management and employee relations by acting as a first point of contact to address demands & grievances, communication issues, collaboration barriers, and other personnel concerns. Act as an “impartial” resource for issues that employees feel uncomfortable expressing directly to management. Develop employee happiness metrics, take pulse of employees to ensure they are achieving the maximum output while increasing happiness indicators. Evolve and participate in a formal and informal employee feedback processes
- Company Policy Administration: Design and implement company policies that promote a healthy, happy work environment. Plan and communicate roll out of company policy changes. Track and administer our PTO.
You’re probably a great fit for this role if you are:
- Caring. You demonstrate integrity and instinctively care about people. Your calm, caring nature and emotional intelligence guide smart but compassionate policy making, and establish positive and healthy employee relations.
- Communicator. You are a strong communicator and influencer. You are able to provide guidance on a range of HR issues and influence new ways of doing things to improve the organization's operations. You have excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ethical. You are a trusted, ethical compass of your organization. You don't just do what's standard or required by law - you do what's right for our people - even if a higher cost or greater time investment is attached.
- Innovative & Forward-thinking. You plan for the future of our workplace, identifying potential opportunities and threats for attracting and retaining their top talent, as well as ways to make positive changes to our organization's culture. You are a promoter and designer of unique world-class talent initiatives.
- Problem-solver. You are a problem solver and impeccable crisis manager. You go beyond a fixed mindset, are open to new ways of thinking and like to explore options. You see problems as challenges and try to learn from them.
- Life-long learner: You never stop learning and networking to build your skill-sets and leadership as well as to gain new ideas. You are always trying to find ways to improve your own effectiveness, and thereby, Avvir’s success.
• 6-10 years of Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive
• Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics and tools
• Ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• Knowledge of US & State labor law and HR best practices
• Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience.
Preference given to candidates with the following:
- HR Experience in a technology / software development company or division
- Experience in growing an HR practice in a startup.
At Avvir we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Avvir values (Decency, Passion for the Work, Personal Life Matters, and Outcome over Effort ) but that enhance the lives of our team members. We are a remote-friendly organization with a generous vacation policy, fantastic health insurance plans, flexible work arrangements and equity options.
We also offer a meaningful place to put your talents to work, expanding your job skills, and the ability to be a part of fundamentally changing the way construction is done. Plus you will get to work with some pretty cool people.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈