Human Resources Director
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
Are you interested in jumping onboard at a startup to take HR functions to the next level? Do you enjoy helping people and finding win-win solutions? Would people describe you as a positive, self-motivated and energetic person? Do you have experience with engaging employees with a remote workforce? We would like to hear from you.
6Connex, a leader in virtual events software, has an exciting opportunity for a hands-on HR leader with talent acquisition experience. We are growing fast and to fuel that growth we are looking for the best and the brightest to join our ranks. The pace is fast and the future is exciting. We are looking for someone who is ready to put their energy and experience to work and make an immediate impact. The Director of Human Resources position will play a central role helping to set and administer company personnel policies and drive company culture initiatives.
Previous experience with remote/distributed workforces and startups is a must. Successful candidates will be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and being hands on with their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the leadership team to set, adjust and maintain clear communications regarding employee engagement, culture and company values
- Provide full-cycle recruitment for open positions including sourcing, scouting external talent, posting jobs, pre-screening resumes, scheduling interviews, interviewing, extending offers, checking references and running background checks
- Refine and manage new hire onboarding and orientation to welcome new team members and ensure a comprehensive onboarding process
- Establish and implement HR policies as needed
- Refine and maintain the employee handbook, new hire documents, personnel folders, etc.
- Develop and implement annual performance review process
- Develop career development, compensation and benefit philosophies and initiatives
- Process multi-state, semi-monthly payroll; experience with TriNet preferred
- Manage employee benefit program including annual open enrollment
- Provide necessary training to employees and managers, as required
- Responsible for managing employee relation matters including disciplinary action and conflict resolution
- Act as a liaison between employees and employer to answer questions or respond to concerns regarding company policies/practices
- Maintain and ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations while actively identifying gaps and proposing and implementing changes as necessary
- Performs other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related discipline
- At least 5 progressive years of experience in human resources management roles with talent acquisition responsibilities
- Experience working in a remote environment and with a distributed workforce is required
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources in multiple states
- Superb leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities
- Previous experience with applicant tracking systems
- Familiarity with social media including LinkedIn
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite including Excel, Google Office Tools, and remote collaboration tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated with ability to self-manager and take ownership of tasks ensuring timely resolution
- Ability to problem solve with moderate supervision
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of employees through excellent listening and communication skills that engender trust and support
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
The position is located at offices in the Tech District in beautiful downtown San Antonio. Strong candidates that are remote will also be considered. We offer competitive compensation, great career growth potential, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈