HR Professional (HRBP)
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Human Resources
About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
Remote Year's People team is searching for an experienced HR professional to lead our PeopeOps functions and design strategies to build a healthy WFA culture and maintain our people's spirits high! Ideally you are the perfect hybrid between being a people person and loving admin work. You have worked in a global, diverse company and know how to connect with people with diverse backgrounds. DEI and Culture are at the forefront of your day-to-day work and you thrive in startup environments where building from scratch and proactively figuring out things is your jam.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Manage E2E employee life cycle for all RY staff
- Map out and seek for ways to improve all people ops processes
- Manage and keep up to date our internal HRIS
- Improve our hiring and onboarding process
- Draft PeopleOps policies and processes
- Design our Compensation structure
- Design a performance bonus structure
- Compensation Strategy
- Map out payroll processes
- Map out current Benefits and include new ones
- Career Development
- Map out and create career development paths
- Map out promotion processes
- Design retention programs & strategies
- On-site training strategy & implementation
- Career development
- Map out current and potential supportive trainings and employee resources
- DEI Recruitment & Program Strategy
- Employee relations & Organization - create resource groups
- Foster rituals of feedback, recognition and celebration (All Hands etc…)
- Implement best practices for collaboration in a high performing distributed team
- Improve cross-team communication and information flow
- Support the Leadership team to live its mission and nurture its culture
- Prepare and facilitate online meetings and workshops
- Represent RY in remote work conferences and events and position the company as one of the best remote work companies to work for.
- Position RY employee branding as one of the best places to work from anywhere (WFA)
- 5+ years of well-rounded HR
- Demonstrated experience in building culture and DEI for a startup.
- Extensive experience in community building, culture, DEI and impact
- Excellent communication skills, with a solid knowledge of English both verbally and in writing.
- Very hands-on
- Knowledge working with Cultureamp and BambooHR preferred
- Experience working remotely and in a globally distributed team
- Experience in a fast-paced or start-up environment
- Industry experience in travel and hospitality is preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈