1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves and believe people are our greatest asset—we can’t wait to meet you! We’re a team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We move fast, iterate, measure, and iterate again. We are looking for a highly motivated HR manager that is laser-focused on creating a world-class employee experience in a world where the future of work is distributed and diverse. We’re seeking to hire our first HR Manager to lay the foundation for our company to deliver on creating a community where our team feels motivated, engaged, and passionate about our work.
Your Responsibilities - What You’ll Do:
- People Operations: You will build out processes, policies, reporting, and systems for a company that plans to double in size in the next ~1-2 years.
- Places: You’ll partner with Leadership to create an inspiring and effective work environment for employees in our remote-first, distributed work environments. You’ll ensure the employee experience is equitable no matter where our team is located in the world.
- People Programs: You will develop strategies while implementing programs that inspire, motivate and develop our employees to do their best work, including oversight of employee benefits + perks, performance management, culture initiatives, and engaging learning and development programs.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
Your Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience in People operations. Experience in a venture-backed start-up is a plus.
- Knowledge of HR practices, including understanding of State and Federal, International employment laws.
- Experience navigating recruiting and onboarding employees and contractors located in different countries and/or are not US citizens
- Autonomous self-starter with an appetite for developing People systems and programs from scratch.
- Prior experience building the People Ops function at a rapidly scaling company is a major plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of employees, with high integrity.
- Superb judgment, strong organizational skills, and a sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Comfortable in a startup environment with evolving organizational needs.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
- You have a demonstrated track record for delivering high-impact, data-driven People programs at scale.
- You know that “best practices” can always be improved and are driven to deploy your learnings in past experiences to create a new standard for our people so that we can model for our industry that it’s possible to do better.
- You know that it’s not enough to offer a brand promise to candidates and employees, rather you are committed to delivering a brand experience that is inclusive, motivating, and engaging.
- Your professional journey demonstrates a commitment to making values-based decisions and is grounded in a “people-first” philosophy.
- You operate with a growth mindset and encourage others to do the same. You have a passion for development and enabling your people to actualize into who they’re meant to be.
- While you have a bias for action, you are driven to improve—good is never good enough. You are committed to leveraging data in all forms to iterate on your programs and practices; modeling for the organization the importance of continuous learning.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈