1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Category: Human Resources
The nonprofit Mozilla Foundation is passionate about the Internet remaining a global public resource that is open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto.
The direct work of the Mozilla Foundation focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the world.
The Strategic Operations team is seeking an HR Generalist to join the team full-time for a fixed-term of one year. The HR Generalist will report to the Director, HR and will perform day-to-day HR tasks and general HR duties for the organization. You will facilitate HR functions as well as contribute to attainment of specific goals and results. You have a flare for detail, strong follow-up awareness, and are motivated by delivering high quality and accurate results quickly.
- Work with the Director, HR and the HR team to facilitate the routine functions of the HR department, including hiring and onboarding staff, administering pay, benefits and leave, and enforcing organizational policies and practices
- Lead project management for the HR team, ensuring goals and success criteria are met within given constraints
- Develop or analyze and make improvements to existing, policies/practices to contribute to strong, simple and effective HR processes that conforms to all laws that affect Mozilla Foundation
- Regularly meet with and provide support and guidance to managers with employee relations matters, including handling disciplinary action up to termination
- Oversee onboarding for all employees; maintain the offer of employment process, onboarding materials and new hire orientation
- Manage Mozilla Foundation’s third party employment relationship with Upwork; onboarding and offboarding employees and freelancers, collaborating with managers to process employment changes, etc.
- Transmit payroll information to payroll for new and existing employees, changes to employee compensation, etc.
- Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including the leave of absence process
- Maintain accurate employee records and process employee changes in our Human Resources Information System (Workday)
- Prepare ad hoc and regular reporting for headcount, compensation review, team review, and so on, handling confidential information
- Assess staffing end dates and co-ordinate renewal/termination process
- Oversee the employee exit processes; conduct exit interviews and generate exit interview reports
- Facilitate the annual performance review process; providing constructive and timely performance evaluations for all staff at the organization, and improving yearly process
- Oversee learning and development, including managing the professional development program
- Assist in maintaining the compensation and rewards program
- Provide support and guidance to staff, assisting with HR related queries and issues from across the organization
- Keep up to date with changes as it pertains to development of HR policies, practices, procedures and statutory requirements
- Create and maintain information and communications networks with diverse internal and external partners
- Minimum 5 years HR coordination experience required
- Qualification or certification in HR field (e.g. CHRP or PHR) or equivalent preferred
- Project management experience a plus; project management passion required
- Highly organized with attention to detail and exceptional follow-through
- Aptitude for financial data and proficient with spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to identify and take care of sensitive and confidential matters with a high level of discretion
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical anticipation and judgment skills
- Familiarity with WorkDay, Greenhouse, CultureAmp, Upwork a plus
- Experience with Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to task-switch, prioritize well and support multiple partners
- Interested in process improvement and efficiencies
- A real passion for research and learning
- Tenacity and tact in chasing the information you need
- A desire to stay busy with meaningful work and seek out places to develop
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈