Head of Talent
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
Skylight is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
Our talented team of designers, engineers, and more consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
We’re looking for a Head of Talent to join us in leading people operations across the company so we can continue to attract, empower, and retain amazing public-interest technologists. Your work will be central to improving and scaling our ability to make a genuine difference in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the entire talent management lifecycle, from workforce planning to succession planning
- Understand the current and future talent needs of the organization
- Develop and implement a talent acquisition strategy in alignment with our talent needs
- Manage and support recruiting and hiring activities
- Build and maintain a strategic talent pipeline
- Manage the onboarding process
- Manage our performance management system (e.g., individual performance planning, performance evaluation, internal promotions, continuous feedback)
- Support the development and ongoing improvement of a professional capability framework for describing and measuring how to progress and be successful in various roles at Skylight
- Discuss career-pathing options with high-potential employees and their team leaders
- Organize and oversee individual and team training programs (both internal and external)
- Develop and implement employee retention strategies or programs
- Create and implement succession plans
- Create organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities
- Perform benchmark research on compensation and benefits
- Manage the offboarding process
- Infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion into every aspect of our people operations, such as attracting candidates from diverse talent pools, eliminating biases in our recruiting/hiring processes, and building relationships with diversity-focused organizations
- Implement data-driven approaches to continually improving our people operations and talent outcomes
- Understand and drive the adoption of emerging best practices related to people operations
- Grow and manage our talent management team under your leadership
What we’re looking for:
- Experience as a talent management leader or similar role
- Experience advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and engagement within the workplace
- Experience recruiting design and technology professionals, such as product managers, product designers, user researchers, content strategists, software engineers, and DevOps engineers
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working in the civic/government technology space, a plus
- Awareness of relevant labor laws and how to comply with them
- Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, and relationship management skills
- Organized, detailed-oriented, and quality-minded
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Comfortable working with people management tools, such as Gusto, Lattice, and Workable
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- An economic stake in the company's success with stock options
- Performance rewards and referral bonuses
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, dependent care FSA, healthcare FSA, and health savings account
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Flexible paid-time-off policy (minimum of 29 days), which covers any type of leave (such as holiday, sick, and vacation) that you need or want to take
- Minimum of 9 weeks paid time off for all eligible new birth, adoption, or foster parents
- Annual $2,000 allowance for professional development
- Annual $750 allowance for tech-related purchases
- Access up to $1,000 before payday to cover emergency expenses
- Incentives for living in a HUBZone area, including relocation assistance and a monthly stipend to help offset the cost of rent or mortgage
- Dollar-for-dollar charity donation matching, up to $500 per year
- Remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈