Head of People
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
How We Started
Swimply was founded by Bunim Laskin in 2019. As the eldest of 12 siblings and lacking resources for his family to escape the heat, Bunim thought of offering his neighbor financial assistance with her pool in exchange for some pool time.
Before long, others in the community cut similar deals with her and she was turning a handsome profit. The rest is history.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family.
We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community.
We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
The Head of People at Swimply is responsible for leading all aspects of the Human Resources and People function, including but not limited to recruiting, talent management and development, HR operations and nurturing all aspects of Swimply’s culture. We believe that delivering happiness for Swimply hosts and guests starts at home by delivering happiness for employees, and we aim to design the ultimate “best place to work” workplace experience.
The ideal candidate will have executive level HR and leadership experience within a rapidly growing, innovative and remote-first company in which people and culture have formed the foundation of the company's success. The Head of People will be a strategic and operational thought leader, capable of integrating into a tightly-knit executive team. Our leader will embrace the opportunity to be a thought-partner on both people and business issues.
Swimply grew quickly this past year from 4 to 40 employees as a remote first organization. Even in this virtual environment, we have achieved 100% employee satisfaction (with 85% of our employees citing they are extremely satisfied working at Swimply). The Head of People will own every aspect of delivering a happy and joyful employee experience and setting up our employees to do their best work. Responsibilities include designing the physical & virtual work space for employees, promoting an intellectual & stimulating work environment, and nurturing a positive culture where employees do their best work and recognize and celebrate each other.
Our company is about people (happy hosts, guests and employees) —and in this role you have the opportunity to own the experience for those people that create the best outcome for our community and our company.
What You'll Do
- Sourcing & Hiring Top Talent
- Work with Swimply executives to build a strong talent development pipeline to bring world-class talent to the team
- Source and screen high quality candidates for each new role
- Assist hiring managers with interviewing and hiring new team members
- Onboarding, training & retention
- Ensure the effective onboarding and training of new team members, making sure that employees feel welcomed, informed about their benefits, and prepared to excel in their roles
- Engage with managers on performance management and upskilling
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding/exit, performance management, learning & development, compensation, benefits, and recognition
- Human Resources and engagement
- Handle all HR & employee relations functions, including complaint investigation & resolution, risk mitigation, and response measures
- Own our performance management systems, including performance reviews, compensation strategy, and manager training
- Lead our people operations, including employee policies, compliance, payroll, and benefits
- Facilitate our OKR process and reporting across the company
- Culture & Fun
- Own our inclusion & diversity efforts to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we serve
- Create a growth-oriented and motivating environment that fosters a high level of employee engagement
- Nurture a positive culture where employees recognize and celebrate each other
- Organize culture & fun activities to promote team building, getting to know each other and bringing people together both physically and virtually
What You'll Bring
- Prior HR Manager or Director experience
- 3-5 years recruiting for technology companies
- Passion for people; focus on excellence; empathetic and caring
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and interpersonal
- Knowledge of HR and recruiting systems and software
- Strategic and able to analyze and present data to make decisions
It's an excellent time to join because
- You’ll work as a thought partner directly with the CEO and executive leadership team
- You’ll be getting in early to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You’ll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our culture, core values, who we end up hiring, and how we build and roll out world-class practices and processes
- You’ll experience unlimited growth opportunities as the company grows, scales and matures
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools 😎) and is in service to our community of users
- You’ll be working with founders and an executive team that have startup experience and have helped their companies achieve massive scale
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈