Head of People
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Human Resources
TheGuarantors is a Fintech company that helps people access the housing they want and need, by providing innovative financial products to renters during their apartment application process. We believe there is an opportunity to build tools that help both renters and landlords, that finding an apartment is stressful enough and you shouldn't have to worry about being accepted simply because you are a student or recent grad with lower income, or you are in the US on a work visa and lack a FICO credit score. The biggest landlords across the country trust us to help lower risk across their portfolio, and we take that seriously, with zero churn and top scores in customer satisfaction year after year.
We have achieved 150%+ year over year growth the last 3 years, successfully raised over $27M in venture funding, and are actively expanding our footprint nationwide and internationally. We are making investments in becoming a technology-driven company delivering products that add value into the real estate market. Our goal is to reduce the massive inefficiencies in the industry through innovations in product development, delivery, and customer experience.
We have been recognized by Forbes (America's Best Startup Employer 2020), CNBC (2018 Upstart 100), CRETEch (#1 Information & Intelligence in Finance), and listed on the 2019 Insurtech 100, and we're backed by VCs who have also invested in Away, LinkedIn, and Slack, amongst others.
We are looking for a self-driven, strategic, and innovative Head of People to join us as the first role in an important function. You will have experience in high growth environments where you have been responsible for creating new systems and processes, and partnering with leaders across the organization to drive all things People Operations. In this role you will have a large amount of autonomy to design what a best in class People Ops function looks like, and lead the scaling of the team and role as the company grows. We are around 100 team members and looking to grow quickly this year to support an ambitious product strategy. We are excited to find a leader who is passionate about identifying opportunities to make TheGuarantors the best place to work in proptech.
- Build out the recruiting structure for the company, working with hiring managers to create engaging and consistent processes including competency assessments, interview scripts, interview design, and occasionally initial screenings
- Partner with department heads to revamp the onboarding process to set up new hires for success from day one
- Create a performance management structure and process that is consistent across the company, while also tailored to specific team needs when necessary; identify tools/technology that can scale performance management as the company grows
- Manage employee engagement and relations, working with team members at multiple levels to identify and implement programs to drive retention
- Oversee leadership and management development as part of the company goal setting process
- At least 5 years in a People Ops leadership role in startups/high growth companies, or in Human Capital or Organizational Design consulting
- Experience in designing and leading recruiting processes from top of funnel to onboarding
- Demonstrated experience developing effective performance management systems
- Examples of creating innovative employee engagement retention programs/initiatives
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to operate with little oversight
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and eye for detail
- Competitive Salary
- Work visa sponsorship if needed
- Health, dental, vision benefits
- Remote work policy, with office space available if located in New York or Montreal
TheGuarantors is a fintech company dedicated to creating winning opportunities for the real estate ecosystem. For over four years the company has been rethinking industry inefficiencies and market needs to build innovative insurance and financial products that drive growth and protect long-term prosperity. With a focus on data and industry expertise in real estate, risk, and finance, TheGuarantors optimizes the relationships between landlords, leasing staff, brokers, and tenants by taking risk out of the leasing process and making it more efficient at the same time.
Designed for multifamily assets, Guaranti is a program of products and solutions built to optimize protection throughout the renter lifecycle. Securiti is the first financial amenity for office leases - a smarter security deposit that costs a fraction of the price of a traditional security package of cash or a letter of credit, with the same coverage landlords have come to expect. TheGuarantors is recognized as an innovator and pioneer in the insurance and technology industry, praised for its specialty products and excellent customer service.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈