Head of People
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Human Resources
There are very few roles that genuinely offer the opportunity to join a company in its formative stage, that is backed by early investors in some of the most successful, transformative companies in its sector, creating solutions that empower entrepreneurs to focus on changing the world.
As a Head of People you will facilitate the success of a scaling VC-backed start-up, building a team and culture which celebrates impact, courage, and inclusion
About Uncapped 👫
Here at Uncapped, we believe founders shouldn’t have to give away ownership of their company to fund growth. That’s why we provide interest and equity-free investments from £10k to £2 million to founders and companies who are changing the world. We charge a flat fee of 6% on the capital provided and get repaid through a revenue share. There are no pitches, cap tables or coffees required. So founders can apply online, receive an offer and start growing their business!
We’re a fully remote company and backed by Europe’s top investors including Seedcamp, Global Founders Capital and Whitestar - early investors in other fintechs such as Transferwise, Revolut, and Funding Circle. We recently raised another $26m of investment and we’re scaling fast!
Your Mission 🚀
- Implement lean HR processes, such as onboarding, probation, learning and development, performance reviews, management and reward & recognition
- Devise and deliver recruitment strategy to build the best possible team and position Uncapped us as an employer of choice, focussing on our employer brand and our employee value proposition
- Work with the Co-founders to enable the company to scale effectively during hyper-growth
- Measure employee satisfaction and identify and escalate areas that require improvement
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations where necessary
- Ensure an environment of team well-being, mitigating ad-hoc and ongoing disruptions including rate of growth
- Own internal communications celebrating our values, ensuring they remain at the heart of our decision-making, and messaging about them externally
- Build a team that reflects the diversity of our users, suggesting initiatives mindful of diversity in race, age, gender identity, sexuality, political ideology, socio-economic status, educational background and more
- Lead HR team, developing market-leading HR capability and careers by creating an environment that stimulates creativity and supports their ongoing development
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships
What skills you will need ✍
- Experience scaling-up people function for a VC-funded startup
- Ability to recruit a range of different skill-sets through a variety of talent acquisition techniques
- You’re an extremely good communicator in English and comfortable working across different cultures
- Knowledge of UK employment law
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate 🎯
- Adaptability and flexibility in the ever-changing world of a start-up
- Ambition and a can-do mindset when faced with new challenges
- Self-motivation and a sense of pride in achieving ambitious goals independently
- An appetite for learning
- Comfort challenging others and being challenged; we believe in continuous improvement and want you to be part of informing that
At Uncapped, we believe it’s our people who make us successful. We are a startup with big ambitions and we work hard, so we want to give our people the benefits that they really want. We’re constantly adding to this as new people join but here’s a list of the sorts of things you can expect:
- Competitive compensation plan + Company pension
- Personal growth fund - Raise your game from great to spectacular
- Flexible working - Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Generous holidays - 30 days to see the world (send us a postcard)
- Your birthday off - Enjoy your special day on us
- Annual retreat abroad - Connect with your team on a paid staff trip
- Weekly recognition and awards - Celebrate wins big and small
- Workspace fit for you - Get €300 to improve your home office
- Opportunity to make a big impact every day on the lives of European entrepreneurs!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈