Head of Human Resources
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Human Resources
Strategyzer's success depends on its stellar people who help companies around the world build new engines of growth based on our proven methodology and technology-enabled services.
We are a fully distributed team that works remotely across 12 countries. Our team contributes directly to the unique company culture we have today and is committed to transforming traditional management practices to build a truly great place to work.
We're recruiting a Head of Human Resources to lead our growing HR department and shape a progressive HR philosophy. We're looking for an allrounder candidate who can carry and implement a big picture vision but doesn't mind getting involved with the nitty-gritty.
You will be hands-on as we scale up and transform our organization into one of the best companies to work for.
Note: This is a full time role, however we are open to considering exceptional candidates with 60-80% working capacity.
Team members at Strategyzer enjoy:
- World-Class Team: Be part of a highly visible, globally recognized organization, and contribute to a paradigm shift in strategy and innovation in the world's leading enterprises.
- Strong Company Culture: We strive to create an environment with strong psychological safety, and frequent feedback structures, to allow our people to do their best work.
- Flexible Working: Work from anywhere globally, or from our physical office hubs in Toronto, Canada, or Zurich, Switzerland. We offer flex hours for our team to work when they are most productive.
- Growth Allowance: Professional and personal development are vital at Strategyzer. All team members get an annual growth allowance for conferences, courses, certifications, coaching, and more. We also include an annual book allowance
This role is for a driver who will be responsible for building and running an outstanding human resources function to support our scaling journey.
Your mission is to…
- Build a world-class, practical, and agile human resources structure to support our scaling journey.
- Distill the best international thought leadership on the future of HR to guide our thinking and approach.
- Contribute to HR thought leadership and best practices.
- Inspire and drive the implementation of our internal HR roadmap, and help us continue to build an amazing place to work.
- Nurture, protect, and grow our strong company culture that values great human beings, great technical performance, and great collaboration.
- Solve tough business decisions through a structure of trust and accountability.
- Execute HR operations with passion as you navigate between doing and strategic planning.
This is your chance to leave a mark on our goal to place in the top 3 spots of global best places to work lists, and achieve our vision of pushing the boundaries of growth and innovation services.
The successful candidate will immediately contribute in the following ways:
1. Lead and grow our HR function.
Our Head of Human Resources needs to be an effective partner with every level of the organization to develop our world-class team. The successful candidate will be instrumental in evolving processes to plan, find, and onboard new talent, as well as develop, recognize, reward, and retain our existing team.
On a more granular level, the successful candidate will suggest and implement effective use of HR systems, analytics software, and must possess a mastery of HR policies, laws, and regulations. We are a data-driven team, and this role will require the ability to make data-driven decisions to influence the company's direction and mission of delivering a competitive advantage.
2. Drive company purpose and culture.
The Head of Human Resources will oversee the intentional nurturing and evolution of our company culture and mission, while holding every level of our organization accountable. This role will require you to challenge the status quo, as well as prepare and plan for organizational changes.
3. Maximize leadership effectiveness.
The successful candidate will need to be comfortable with challenging leaders and team members at every level of the organization. This will require a thoughtful understanding of speed and being open to constructive conflict through an iterative process. We want a sparring partner who can demonstrate high business acumen and not shy away from being responsible for end-to-end HR ownership and execution.
All potential candidates will be scored on the following competencies.
1. You are a great human being.
We want world-class human beings who:
- Strive to show deep care and empathy for your team members.
- Have strong integrity and morals that drive your accountability.
- Are open-minded to the views of others, and constantly work to improve themselves for the betterment of the whole team.
2. You perform at the highest level.
These are the technical qualifications we require:
- Seasoned HR professional with 10+ years of experience, currently at a level of Chief HR Officer, VP of HR, or similar senior role.
- Advanced degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Strategic Management, Business Administration preferred.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certificate, Human Resource Information Professional (HRIP) certificate, or similar is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of all HR functions and procedures and able to lead an HR operating model roadmap.
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art HR practices displayed at companies such as Netflix, Hubspot, WL Gore and more.
- Proven experience in leading HR during a scaling phase across multiple geographies.
- Solid understanding and up-to-date knowledge of general labour and HR related legal regulations and principles.
- Knowledge of Swiss or Canadian labour legislation and payroll systems is a plus.
- Advanced experience with selecting and implementing HR software systems and comfortable learning new technology systems as needed.
3. You are a great collaborator.
Collaboration is key to our success as a team. We want a Head of Human Resources who is or has:
- Incredibly hungry and wants to make an impact with our team.
- A customer-first approach to delivering value. Our team will be your internal customers.
- Enthusiastic about learning our methodologies and tools--especially the Team Alignment Map, Team Contract, and Culture Map.
- Able to weave between autonomous and collaborative working styles.
- A strong writer and communicator for a fully remote, global environment.
- Not afraid to iterate on an idea or prototype if it means we create better value.
- Able to focus on the bigger picture while paying close attention to the final details that will get us to success.
- Is open to constructive conflict and can navigate challenging feedback.
We pride ourselves on a robust, fair, and diversity-focused recruitment process. The following steps allow us to find the best fit for this role. Finding the right person is much more important to us than adhering to any deadline, and therefore we will keep this position open until we fill it with the perfect match for us.
Step 1 - Intro to Candidate
Upload your CV in PDF format.
Create a 4-minute LOOM video intro of yourself answering the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- Which of the Strategyzer values speaks to you the most? Tell us a short story of when you lived that value.
- What are you really good at professionally?
- What are you not good at or not interested in doing professionally?
- Who were your last three bosses, and how will they each rate your performance on a 1–10 scale when we talk to them? Why would they give you that rating?
Step 2 - Interviews
- Skills + technical fit interviews.
- Reference Interviews.
- Cultural fit interviews.
Step 3 - Working Challenge
Step 4 - Offer
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈