Head of Career & Professional Development
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Indonesia
Category: Human Resources
They say helping others makes you live longer.
What about helping thousands of students to find their dream job and improve their careers for the better?
At RevoU, we are on a mission to transform the state of higher education in Southeast Asia, and together with it, the lives of millions of people. We are building an alternative to traditional universities and vocational schools, rethinking how education should serve both students and employers' needs in Indonesia's booming digital economy.
We offer an intensive live online program, teaching our students the hard and soft skills they need to launch or accelerate their tech industry careers. In our first 12 months, we have launched our first program, establishing ourselves as the fastest growing online higher education platform in Indonesia, doubling our student intake every batch and facilitating hundreds of students to start their dream career in the Digital Marketing field.
To help us continue scaling our platforms to thousands of more students, helping them to find their dream job, we are looking for a Head of Career & Professional Development.
This is a key role within the organisation, which will have a tremendous impact on the professional lives of hundreds and soon thousands of students. From fresh graduates, career switchers or full-time moms looking to start a new career in the tech industry (see one example here).
If the challenges excite you and you are as passionate as we are in improving people's careers and ultimately their lives, we might have the opportunity for you!
More specifically you will:
- Be responsible for the content of our career support & professional development curriculum. You will be asked to refine and expand our existing curriculum on the basis of the feedback from both our students and our hiring partners. Example of modules covered in our curriculum: from CV/Linkedin/Portfolio optimization, to strategies for maximising the changes a hiring manager will read your application all the way to salary negotiation
- Oversee the flawless execution of our online live group classes, delivered by our network of instructors, career coaches and internal stuff to hundreds of students concurrently
- Keep expanding our network of best-in-class career coaches, who are responsible for supporting individually every single one of our students. This includes sourcing, screening, onboarding, training and retaining one of our key stakeholder (our career coaches)
- Manage our students' relationships: support and motivate them in one of the most stressful phase of their professional lives, that is the launch of new career
- Manage our Career & Professional Development full time team. Not only by being the best manager you can be but also in hiring new team members to support the rapid grow of the business
- Analyse our internal data and the broader job market trends to to improving our students hireability metrics
All of the above with the key additional complexity that you will always need to think ahead on how to scale everything we are doing for 10x more students that you will be handling at any given time.
You will be asked to keep on coming with innovative & scalable way to support our growth and deliver on our promise to our students!
- Deep and genuine passion in supporting the career growth and development of young talents and people looking to change their career for the better. You will need to prove us how did you translated such passion into specific actions throughout your own career
- Strong industry network with other HR teams and senior managers, with particular focus in the tech industry
- Strong Empathy to be able to relate and support in best possible way our job seeker students
- Have a track record of leading high-performing teams preferably for tech companies in either Indonesia or across Southeast Asia. This includes experience as a manager of teams >3-5 FTE
- Process and Ops driven, with a solid understanding of the role that automation and technology can play in helping us to scale
- Ability to come up with innovative and out-of-the-box ideas, to scale whatever we are doing 10x in the months to come
- Data-driven mindset and proven ability to perform relevant data analyses, draw key insights, and use data to form and execute a strategy
- Demonstrated ability in working in a high-paced environment that iterates on weekly cycles rather than quarterly or annually
- (strong bonus point) Experience in teaching and/or curriculum design on the topics of self-growth and job search, ideally in a remote environment
- Passionate about education and obsessed about seeing our students succeeding in their career, as we are building a culture of people obsessively passionate about our mission and the impact we can have on the lives of hundreds and (soon) thousands of people around Indonesia.
Our first promise - the ride of a lifetime
You will be joining the company in its most exciting phase, where things will move and change at a crazy pace and where the impact you will have on the overall business trajectory will be huge. You will witness the rapid scaling of our organization from just a few of us (we are still a relatively small team of 30 people) to hundreds of incredibly talented and diverse people in the months and years to come.
The second promise - a good place to work
We are building a company that takes the growth of its employees on the same level as that of its students. It's our mandate to make every one of our employees perform at the maximum of their capacity so that they can do here, at RevoU, the very best work of their lives. In practical terms:
- we deeply value employee appreciation and we are going the extra mile to make everyone's work feel appreciated and valuable
- we are creating a culture of transparency and radical, caring feedback. That is, of radical candor, keep a zero-tolerance for bad management, making coaching and mentoring one of our fundamental value, not only towards our students but also towards our employees. For a more in-depth view of the type of organization we are building, you can read some of our Founder's thoughts on these topics
The third promise – you will feel proud about your work
We believe that finding a fulfilling career should be among the most important priority in one's life and that today's job market offers endless opportunities to change the lives of many, for the better. You will play a fundamental role in making this possible.
And nothing will beat the sense of accomplishment once you will see that happening. Especially once you see that happening at scale.
These are 3 most important promises we are making to you.
If you are looking for typical ‘startup' benefits: flexible and remote working environment, an attractive package, premium health insurance, etc => we are offering you all these benefits as well.
But don't join us for these, join us first and foremost for the 3 reasons above.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Indonesia.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈