1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for a Diversity Recruiter to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex challenges.
As a Diversity Recruiter, you’ll collaborate across the company, including Skylight leadership and our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Guild, to develop a DE&I-focused hiring strategy. Outside of hiring cycles, your responsibilities will focus on supporting the continual improvement of our people operations. This role has the potential to evolve into the Head of Talent position.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a strategy for diversity recruiting, and improve the equitableness and inclusiveness of our hiring process
- Develop, update, and maintain hiring-related materials (e.g. list of diverse talent sources, interview guides, evaluation rubrics)
- Recruit candidates for a variety of roles (e.g., product manager, UX researcher, software engineer) from diverse talent pools
- Manage the hiring lifecycle, including communicating with and providing support to a diverse set of candidates
- Evaluate existing hiring tools for bias, and identify alternative tools or enact changes to minimize bias
- Continually keep abreast and drive the adoption of emerging best practices for DE&I-focusing hiring
- Provide training opportunities for staff who participate in the hiring process
- Build relationships with diversity-focused organizations
- Partner with Skylight’s internal Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Guild and outside DE&I consulting firms
- Engage in the continual improvement of Skylight’s people operations, including professional development, employee engagement, and performance management
What we’re looking for:
- Experience hiring for a variety of technology-related roles
- Experience recruiting for and working with a wide range of underrepresented groups
- Experience working with remote teams
- Knowledge of core DE&I concepts and best practices in DE&I recruitment and hiring
- Demonstrated record of advancing equity and inclusion within or outside the workplace (e.g., work experience, participation in DE&I organizations, volunteerism)
- Ability to educate and partner with colleagues and leadership to advance DE&I goals within the organization
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/company/values/)
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for an economic stake in the company's success
- Performance bonuses, referral bonuses, publication bonuses, and public speaking bonuses
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, dependent care FSA, healthcare FSA, and health savings account
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Flexible paid-time-off policy (minimum of 29 days), which covers any type of leave (such as holiday, sick, and vacation) that you need or want to take
- Minimum of 9 weeks paid time off for all eligible new birth, adoption, or foster parents
- Annual $2,000 professional development allowance
- Annual budget of up to $750 for tech-related purchases
- Access up to $1,000 before payday to cover emergency expenses
- Incentives for living in a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map), including relocation assistance and a monthly stipend to help offset the cost of rent or mortgage
- Dollar-for-dollar charity donation matching, up to $500 per year
- Remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈