Director of Talent
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
Life360 is looking for a Director of Talent to develop and lead our talent acquisition program focusing both on strategic program design and team management to support the company’s growth. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and has experience partnering with business leaders to deliver talent solutions. We are looking for someone who can balance the need to be a strategic, data driven business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude.
The Director of Talent will report to the VP of People and Culture and will initially manage a team of five. This position is open to remote or can be located in our San Francisco office (post COVID).
- Set and execute the strategic vision for the recruiting function across the organization, identifying gaps and key opportunities.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships across the organization to understand current and future workforce needs.
- Manage and inspire a recruiting team to deliver results while effectively communicating the critical dimensions of the talent strategy and ensuring alignment with the company goals and strategy.
- Manage, coach and develop recruiting team developing key competencies to ensure team and individual success. Drive a recruiting team culture of accountability.
- Lead the recruiting team to identify and implement creative solutions to improve candidate flow and maximize recruiting budget.
- Partner with marketing to develop and highlight our employment brand. Create content to share with candidates that demonstrates what it’s like to work at Life360 that highlights our mission and values.
- Develop a deep understanding of company strategy and vision and create an employment value proposition that is attractive to candidates.
- Develop and deliver key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activities and build effective strategies to meet goals.
- Manage external advertising, vendor relationships, and other forms of talent recruitment activities. Monitor the performance of recruiting strategies and sources, ensuring the most cost-effective use of vendors and services.
- 8+ years of progressive technology recruiting experience, with at least 3+ years of building and leading a recruiting function.
- Experience leading a recruiting team in high-volume talent attraction in a technology company
- Track record of achieving strong results while building and fostering an inclusive, collaborative team environment.
- Experience creating and tracking recruiting metrics and using data to assist in driving decisions.
- Excellent communication skills: authentic and candid, broad, and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures.
- Strong project management skills with experience leading change management.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience in developing and improving processes. Demonstrated creativity when addressing challenging situations with limited resources.
- Commitment to continuously bettering oneself, team and organization by proactively and consistently seeking input and feedback from colleagues and incorporating these insights.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We provide equipment, tools & reimbursement support to engage a productive remote-first team
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your family circle
All open positions, unless specified as location specific, are remote opportunities and, when returning to our offices is possible, team members may elect to take advantage of the following (or continue to choose to remain remote!):
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain & BART
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in San Diego (Encinitas)
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈