Director of People & Culture
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
About this Role:
As Director of People & Culture, you will be responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing WayBetter team members across a distributed, rapidly growing team. You will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
We are seeking someone who takes ownership of problems and opportunities, has a passion for getting things done, is an active listener and is committed to being a valuable resource to employees across our growing organization.
This role is a high-touch, employee-centric role that will provide a unique opportunity for you to help us build a fun, supportive, results-driven culture at WayBetter.
What You'll Do:
- Act as trusted advisor and consultant to the senior leadership team to define and develop strategic hiring plans.
- Drive implementation and adoption of key people analytics to help drive thoughtful, data-driven people decisions.
- Partner with business leaders to identify their talent needs.
- Define and roll out company-wide talent attraction programs.
- Ensure that WayBetter's recruiting infrastructure (e.g. ATS, hiring roadmap, hiring guides, interview plans) is continually being improved.
- Lead efforts to assess and improve employee engagement and wellbeing.
- Oversee the learning and development of team members.
- Own employee lifecycle processes including onboarding, offboarding, employee changes, leaves of absences and compliance.
- Manage freelance or agency recruiters from time to time.
- Lead by example, with a strong bias for action.
- Serve as an employee advocate and support system, soliciting feedback and utilizing data to enhance our culture, values and the WayBetter employee experience.
- Support people programs involving employee experiences, virtual events, learning & development, performance management, employee relations and recognition programs.
- Design and implement programs that reinforce our values and culture.
- Manage WayBetter's employer brand positioning on all platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Angelist, Careers page of company website)
- Serve as a thought leader and advisor for leadership and management on diversity and inclusion.
Your Experience Looks Like:
- 5+ years leading People Operations, Talent Acquisition and Development at small, growth stage companies
- Demonstrated ability to identify and attract top talent for an organization
- Experience using data to identify strengths and opportunities within talent acquisition and development processes/programs
- History of having developed high performing teams, programs, solutions or strategies from scratch
- Passion for always being in-the-know on the latest trends and recruiting best practices
- A collection of experiences where your ability to be resilient, adaptable, tenacious, creative, and driven have been critical to your success
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to make difficult or unpopular decisions ethically and rationally using data and logic
- Interest and passion for the health and wellness space
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of an organization
- Curious and passionate about life with success outside your main career track
Headquarters New York, NY (all employees currently working remotely)
Inspiration, meet motivation.
WayBetter is a marketplace that connects leading health & wellness coaches with people who want to build positive habits. The WayBetter app couples behavioral science with gamification to help members accomplish their goals around fitness, nutrition, mindfulness, and someday a lot more.
How are we different from other fitness and wellness apps? They focus on content. We focus on motivation.
- New Challenges Weekly — With a new variety of challenges starting every week, led by the world's best coaches, there's always something new to get started or stay on track.
- Fun & Social — We make the hard work of changing habits fun through gamification along with a social feed where other members cheer you on.
- Accountability — We let you bet on yourself. Get off the couch and complete the challenge and earn your bet back … plus a profit! If not, your money goes to more committed players.
WayBetter makes money from members who get access to all our challenges and coaches. Coaches earn money by bringing in new members and by having existing members play in their challenges. We'll power up 300% in 2021 by expanding the volume and variety of challenges on our platform.
Building on the success of our first apps, DietBet and StepBet, we've helped 1 million people adopt new healthy habits and make long-term lifestyle changes. Along the way we've partnered with 300 influencer coaches who have collectively earned over $10 million.
With the launch of our flagship WayBetter app in 2020, we're on a mission to build the world's first goal-sharing social network.
Why Work at WayBetter?
We know from our games that fun and social support are the keys to sustainable success. As such we care deeply about our culture and practice what we preach by fostering a work environment that's fun, social, and rewarding. Half our 45 employees were hired from our customer base.
We love working at WayBetter because we're enthusiastic about improving people's lives. We've developed an innovative solution to the hard problem of behavior change and we see the enormous potential to apply our formula to help millions of people improve their health and happiness. We recently codified our values which you can find on this page (click “explore our company values”).
We've raised $7.5M from fellow entrepreneurs and have grown responsibly (cashflow breakeven in 2020). We have chosen not to play the game of chasing venture capital for its own sake but we do plan to raise institutional capital in 2021 to supercharge our growth. We offer health insurance, a 401(k), remote-work flexibility, competitive cash comp, and meaningful equity participation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈