School of Motion
5 days ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Human Resources
- Responsible for AP, AR, and Payroll
- Assistance with Cash Flow Analyses, Forecasting, Budgets, and general financial health reports
- Ownership of the Chart of Accounts in Quickbooks Online
- Calculate, disperse and track product royalties
- Proper categorization of all expenses as they relate to specific products.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts as needed
- Coordination with coworkers and department managers to ensure accurate categorization of all expenses
- Assistance with quarterly and annual department budgets and adherence to budgets
- Work with CPA to properly pay quarterly taxes and process year end tax filings
- HR Generalist:
- Assist with setting up new hires and terminations
- Assist with benefits coordination and 401K payments
- Assists in the management of Group Health, and Dental Insurance enrollments, billing, payments, processing of new hire and annual enrollment insurance applications and assists with problem resolution.
- Assist with review process for all team members.
- Assists in the processing of unemployment claims
- Maintains all personnel records and handles all requests for associate reference verifications.
- Help develop training materials to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution
- Ensure the organization's compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Oversee processing of all employee status changes with payroll including new hires, changes, and terminations through PAF process. Basic administrative responsibilities (copying, faxing, correspondence and reporting)
- Completes special assignments as requested.
- Understand generally accepted accounting practices and procedures
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar field and/or CPA certification and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Have experience in working in a fully distributed team (a huge plus)
- Have worked in a controller capacity at an e-commerce company or company that deals with royalties
- Be able to demonstrate from a recent position examples of concrete analytical problem-solving skills
- Confident in creating and explaining various financial reports to members of company management who do not have a financial background
- Experienced in creating quarterly forecasting and budgets in conjunction with the CEO and President
- Proactive in problem solving and comfortable collaborating with team members and asking for help/clarification
- Familiar with digital tools such as Slack, Zoom, Bill.com, and Airtable, and/or comfortable learning new apps
- We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
- There is no such thing as “not my job”. Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
- We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if it's not immediately beneficial to the mission.
- No Bad Vibes. Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s only Animation.
- Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈