Compensation & Benefits Partner
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Human Resources
Frontiers is a leading Open Access Publisher and Open Science Platform with a mission to revolutionize research communication through innovation in every aspect of peer-reviewed publishing. Our journals are led and peer-reviewed by editorial boards of over 100,000 top researchers. Covering more than 600 academic disciplines, we are one of the largest and highest-cited publishers in the world.
Reporting to the Chief Planning Officer we are seeking an experienced Compensation & Benefits Partner who is enthusiastic, solution-orientated, and analytically-minded, who is able to confidently balance the people and business needs! This is a fantastic opportunity that would suit an individual who has experience with compensation and benefits at a global scale, and is looking for an opportunity to develop this function from the grass-roots within a fast-paced and agile environment. Your role is as a true partner to the business, working closely with HR, Finance and Senior Leadership teams to design and review compensation and benefits packages that support the attraction and retention of Frontiers talent whilst aligning with company strategic plans. This role will support all of our 5 global offices.
Our HR & Payroll department is currently a team of 15 people and we are expanding rapidly, to support the growing needs of our people and business. We have an exciting mix of nationalities, experiences and skills which makes for a very dynamic and collaborative team. This is a brand new role for our business, so will allow the successful candidate to put their own stamp on it!
- Act as the key contact and expert for compensation and benefits across all markets.
- Perform regular salary benchmarking analysis of all markets by assessing job positions/grades and competitors.
- Develop and design benefit plans by market using data-driven research and analysis.
- Lead on annual compensation reviews, including designing the process, evaluation of costs and communications.
- Support payroll with the bonus calculations to ensure an efficient and timely process.
- Management of processes to monitor and track grading, bonus, pay and other compensation data in the HRIS.
- Lead internal pay audit required by local laws and ensure compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including HR, Finance, senior leadership teams, third party providers and employees to provide quality service.
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside consultants, vendors and leading C&B practitioners on best practices, market trends and strategy.
- Preparation and delivery of guidance to HR and line managers to ensure a high degree of understanding, buy-in and adherence to compensation and benefits processes and reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in international organizations, delivering compensation and benefits strategies.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of compensation trends, market data, salary surveys and job evaluation principles.
- Demonstrate an international global mobility/benefits experience.
- Ability to work autonomously with indirect supervision.
- Fluent English, other European languages are a plus.
- Highly analytical and technology savvy.
- Effective organization skills with ability to prioritize.
- Thrives under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure.
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme.
- Access to the latest equipment and international working environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Our office is located in London, however remote working options are available within the UK.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈