VP of Finance
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
We're ready for the next inflection point in our growth and are looking for our first VP of Finance to help take us to the next level. As the head of Finance at Kuali, you’ll report directly to the CEO and will be a key partner on the Senior Leadership Team, providing strategic insight and leading all financial and accounting efforts at the company. You'll be both hands on and strategic in helping us run to the next level.
Who are We?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values:
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
While we have an office in Lehi, UT, we primarily work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines for many years. Our employees each work in the environment where they’re happiest, from Massachusetts to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture.
Everyone Should Love Their Work.
In This Role, You’ll be Responsible for:
- Owning all aspects of the finance and accounting functions, including: financial reporting, forecasts, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, etc.
- Leading from the trenches to mentor and develop a world-class finance & accounting team that embodies the Kuali culture.
- Partnering with the Controller, who is responsible for accounting reporting, payroll, compliance, contracting, and other accounting responsibilities.
- Working with business unit leaders to set and achieve quarterly, annual and multi-year financial goals, as well as reviewing intermediate forecasts that track to those goals.
- Reporting, maintaining and forecasting SaaS metrics across all five products, including ARR growth, CAC Payback, LTV, Dollar-Based Net/Gross Retention, etc.
- Creating analyses, commentary and presentation materials for board & leadership meetings.
- Partnering with the CEO on future fundraising rounds, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors.
- Effectively communicating and presenting critical financial and strategic matters at Board meetings.
- Communicating and gaining adoption of policies, internal controls, accounting standards (GAAP), along with procedures and tools.
We’re looking for a curious, enthusiastic, empathetic financial leader to solve problems, execute on ideas, advocate for the company, and contribute to a team culture built on trust and mutual respect. We believe the best results are achieved by teams who represent a broad range of ideas and perspectives. We value employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you identify with the following, we’d love to talk.
- You’ve been a finance leader at a venture backed, fast-growing, SaaS company before; having led through Series B to a liquidity event.
- You know your stuff. You have a deep understanding of SaaS financial strategies and metrics while managing tradeoffs between growth and profitability.
- You’re an amazing financial communicator with high SaaS business acumen. You listen, and your written, oral, and visual communication is clear, concise, and tuned carefully to your audience.
- You’re cool under pressure. Startups can get a bit hectic. You keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- You’re organized, communicative, and accountable—you own your role entirely, while being open to criticism, suggestions, edits, and new ideas.
- You’re a resourceful, creative, problem solver who cuts through barriers to get to multiple decision makers and departments to create alignment and get results.
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Employee stock option plan
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Employee resource groups and community events
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈