Virtual Litigation Paralegal
2 weeks ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in litigation law firms, with additional experience in employment law and bankruptcy. If you have at least three years of litigation paralegal experience, have previously assisted attorneys virtually for at least one year, take pride in your work, pay meticulous attention to the details, and are looking for a long-term, part-time virtual paralegal role, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of litigation experience and will have worked in a law firm within the last six months. The selected candidate will be very technologically adept and have excellent Word, Excel, and Adobe skills. In addition, the candidate should have experience working with cloud-based practice management software, such as Clio or MyCase. The ideal candidate will also have at least two years of experience with employment and bankruptcy cases. Additional experience in other areas of litigation would be a definite plus. Experience with e-Discovery would also be preferred.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide long-term paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications throughout the business day (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm Eastern or Pacific Time) within one hour by email, phone, and text. You should also be available to complete tasks and work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee (W2) of Equivity, not an independent contractor (1099). We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $18.50 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of recent experience (within the last six months) supporting attorneys in litigation
- 2+ years of recent experience in employment law (preferred)
- 2+ years of recent experience with bankruptcy cases (preferred)
- 1+ year working in a completely virtual role
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Expert proficiency with utilizing all programs within Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Advanced proficiency with Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Experience editing, bookmarking, and indexing PDFs
- Experience using cloud-based practice management software, preferably Clio or MyCase
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday – Friday (in Eastern or Pacific Time Zone)
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls
- Experience with e-Discovery (preferred)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈