Virtual Controller - Restaurant Accounting Services
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Tablespoon is a unique blend of accountants, financial consultants, and former restaurant operators who eat, sleep, and breathe the restaurant industry. By combining top shelf accounting services with the latest cloud-based technology, we help multi-unit restaurant owners, operators, and CFOs increase profits and drive business growth.
As a Controller with our Managed Accounting Services group, you will leverage your technical accounting skills and business acumen to provide restaurant owners and operators with reliable, actionable financial information. With support from a small team of restaurant accountants, you’ll lead the month-end close process for a group of assigned clients, using modern, state-of-the-art accounting software and reporting tools to help our clients better understand their numbers and improve their operations.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of full-cycle accounting experience and thrive on the challenge and variety of working with multiple clients in a fast-paced environment. Strong technology skills and the ability to design and implement efficient accounting processes are necessary for success in this role. Prior experience with restaurant POS and back office systems would be very beneficial.
What you’ll do
- Lead and execute the period-end financial close for a group of assigned clients
- Prepare management financial reporting packages within required timeframe
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and troubleshoot account issues
- Train, mentor, and support a team of 4-6 accounting staff
- Communicate frequently with clients regarding inquiries, requests, and open issues
- Create, deploy, and maintain custom financial reports and reporting dashboards
- Perform transactional accounting tasks when needed (journal entries, bank reconciliations, etc.)
- Assist with preparation of budgets, ad-hoc reports and analyses, and new client onboarding
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, streamline processes, and increase client satisfaction
- Provide exceptional customer service to client personnel and internal team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA is preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in full-cycle accounting and financial statement preparation
- 2+ years of experience managing the financial close in a multi-client environment
- Restaurant, hospitality, or retail industry experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial statement presentation concepts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with mid-market ERP systems (Sage Intacct, NetSuite, etc.) a plus
- Collaborative, hands-on approach to managing and developing staff (experience managing a remote team is a big plus)
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional accuracy in work product and communications
- A customer service mentality and “whatever it takes” attitude to ensuring client satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and innate desire to help others
- Absolute commitment to integrity and protecting client confidentiality
Since Tablespoon is a virtual firm and this is a remote position, the successful candidate will also need:
- A secure place to work from home with no interruptions
- A reliable high-speed internet connection
- Ability to work independently and self-manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong technology skills and experience working with modern business SaaS applications and communication tools (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Box, etc.)
- Must be comfortable communicating and meeting with clients and team members in a virtual environment (including frequent video meetings)
- Ability to travel periodically (post-COVID) for conferences and team meetings
We offer comprehensive benefits including group medical, 401k, PTO, paid training/CPE, and reimbursement for CPA licensing fees.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Tablespoon LLC is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.tbsp.com.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈