1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
MillerMusmar CPAs is an award-winning CPA firm located in Reston, Virginia that provides accounting, tax, assurance, and management advisory services. We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee general accounting operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing CPA firm and be a part of a collaborative, diverse, and learning culture.
Job Summary: The Tax Supervisor will lead and manage multiple operations within the Tax Department to provide accurate and timely tax services to our clients. They will manage members of the tax team, create, and implement tax plans, and work with the leadership team to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. They will also monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interact with clients and build strong relationships by delivering excellent planning, consulting, and preparation service experiences
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Proactively provide innovative federal and multistate tax planning services
- Review complex income tax returns and supporting workpapers
- Identify and mitigate client's tax risks
- Coordinate, plan and supervise multiple tax engagements
- Assist tax seniors and tax staff by mentoring, providing technical training and support and promoting the firm's culture
- Improve processes by developing and implementing best practices for delivering tax services in a paperless environment
- Assist with federal and state tax audits
- Prepare tax work papers, as needed, and handle all information data requests
- Assist the accounting team by maintaining tax accounts and participating in the corporate tax provision process
- BS degree in Accounting
- 4-7 years of public accounting experience
- Knowledge of CCH Engagement and CCH Pro FX tax preparation software
- Broad knowledge of federal and state income tax returns, tax compliance, tax accounting and GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- CPA preferred
- Should possess strong teamwork skills, an attention to detail and the ability to exhibit sound professional judgement when dealing with client matters
- This is a remote position and a dedicated workspace in your home is required
MillerMusmar CPAs has been providing quality client services for over 25 years. We are a trusted advisor to clients working in a variety of industries and our average client relationship lasts more than 10 years, a testament to our longstanding tradition of providing financial solutions that work alongside excellent customer service. Our clients include:
- Government Contractors
- Businesses (Domestic and International)
- Nonprofits and Associations
- Individuals (Residents, Foreign Nationals, and Expatriates)
We were awarded one of the Top Accounting Firms to work for by the Washington Business Journal as well as a Great Place to Work in 2018. Apply today to join an amazing firm with a great team!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈