Tax Operations Specialist
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
At Everee we're changing the way companies pay their employees, contractors, and vendors. We have disrupted the slow and inefficient tools companies have used in the past and have built a payroll and business payments platform that makes work easier and gives our customers the ability to pay their workers and vendors faster.
Everee's Tax Operations Team takes complex work off of our customers' plates, making their lives and workload more balanced and easy. Tax Operations Specialists have the opportunity to support our customers by onboarding new customers, setting up tax portals, processing and remitting tax payments, and filing returns on our customers' behalf. You will work closely with state tax agencies, as well as teammates from other departments, to reach the best outcomes for our customers and provide feedback on tools and processes that streamline the remittance and filing process. You'll have flexibility to get your work done from home and on a schedule that fits into the needs and demands of life.
Who you are committed to being:
· You are accountable for your work
· You are a self-starter who is excited to dive into the work and drive results for the team
· You are driven and motivated to develop your career in operations or finance
· You are organized and committed to excellence
· You are motivated to make life better for all our customers and their employees
What you'll own:
· Overseeing transactional data generated by our system and ensure proper recording of withholding payments into the State and Local withholding portals
· Reconciling payment data from our system with records in the company's accounting system
· Interfacing with our Customer Success Team and assisting them in the process of onboarding new customers and answering tax related questions
- Reviewing and filing monthly, quarterly, and year-end tax forms
- Operational or Finance projects as directed by the company's Chief Operating Officer
Experience you'll need:
· A background working in accounting, tax, or payroll
· Ability to effectively communicate with senior-level decision makers and customers, both verbal and written
· Problem solving and process building skills
· A self-starter with a track record of successful follow-through on significant projects
· Have an enjoy work / enjoy life mentality and thrive on building a positive team culture in a startup environment
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈