Lance CPA Group
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Lance CPA Group is a virtual, boutique certified public accounting firm. We leverage today's best technologies to support innovative clients with their financials. Specifically, we tap the power of cloud-based solutions to deliver outsourced accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and small business coaching and advisory. Headquartered in Chicago, we cater to a niche target audience: craft breweries and digital agencies located right here, but also beyond our vibrant city. In addition to working with these innovative niche clients with customized solutions, we provide CPA and tax services for small businesses, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and individuals who have a passion for developing their businesses in progressive, future-focused ways.
The Tax Manager will have responsibility for tax compliance and review, research, and planning for businesses, not-for-profits, government entities and individuals. The Tax Manager will have the ability to work to a high level of accuracy and autonomy. Responsibilities during tax season may include:
- Ensure high quality and timely review of client Tax returns and extensions
- Analyze and interpret varying circumstances presented by client cases; perform research as needed to resolve client tax issues
- Managing the preparation and reviewing of a broad range of individual, corporate and other entity tax returns
- Conducting tax research to develop solutions for our clients' complex and/or unique situations
- Managing the tax team workflow and working directly with the Tax Senior on implementation and completion of returns and required client correspondence
- Providing direction and new challenges to associates on your team
- Answer any pressing client tax and accounting questions.
- Coach, mentor, and People Manage our Accounting Associates and work effectively with our leadership team to enable each employee and the department to succeed
- Commit to tax check ins 2-3 times per week and maintain clear communication with clients, team members and leadership
In addition to these services, the Tax Manager will assist other team members in completion of special projects and provide coaching and assistance to our team members.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and relevant experience;
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- 3-5 years of relevant tax experience in public accounting
- Experience with personal, business and pass-through entity returns (S-Corp, partnership)
- CPA is required
- Knowledge of Xero and Quickbooks Online a plus
- Knowledge of ProConnect a plus
- Knowledge of Karbon a plus
- Proficiency in technology
- Regular internet access, as all of our applications are cloud-based
- Ability to attend 2-day team retreats in the Chicagoland area 2-3 times per year
Lance CPA Group offers a competitive salary, vacation, and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits. We also provide company 401(k) with a 6% employer match and AD&D, Long term disability insurance, at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, salaried position commensurate with relevant work experience and education.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Lance CPA Group, is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against due to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition including pregnancy, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈