XY Planning Network
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
XY Planning Network (XYPN) is the leading organization for fee-only financial advisors who want to serve their Gen X and Gen Y peers, providing comprehensive financial planning services for a monthly subscription fee and without product sales or asset minimums. The Network offers a virtual community for new and established financial advisors who want to serve a younger clientele, and provides its members compliance support services, marketing support, business tools and templates, a wide range of technology solutions, and our various service lines.
XYPN was nationally recognized as one of The 346 Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc. magazine. In addition, we have earned accolades in 2018, 2019, and 2020 as one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Montana and in the US by Inc. magazine. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is reshaping the financial services industry for the better.
Our mission is to “help people live their great lives”. We have the honor of helping tens of thousands of clients achieve their great lives by supporting the financial advisors who guide them in the financial planning process. We also have the privilege of helping over 1,200 financial planning entrepreneurs achieve their great lives by supporting their businesses' start and growth. Finally, we have the pleasure of helping our 60+ team members live their great lives by being a place where they want to come to work, supporting their unique life circumstances, and ultimately making a difference in the world so we can all leave our mark.
About the Position:
As a Tax Intern for XY Tax Solutions (XYTS), you will support our team of tax professionals as they serve financial advisors across the country. XYTS is different from traditional CPA firms in terms of who we serve and how. We leverage our connections with over 1,200 financial advisors and their clients to grow our business. You will report directly to the XYTS tax manager, who in turn reports to our senior tax managers. This ensures that we are meeting or exceeding our tax preparation and planning goals by holding everyone accountable. This internship has the potential to transition into a full-time role as a Tax Specialist upon graduation.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare various federal and state tax returns for individuals and entities for review by the tax manager
- Develop an understanding of tax laws and regulations
- Prepare, file, and organize tax work papers
- Respond to client and team requests in a timely, accurate, positive, and professional manner
- Support the operations specialist to ensure appropriate records are maintained
- Report to the tax manager weekly to touch base on projects
Start Date: Flexible
- Intensive 6-Month: November 2, 2020–April 30, 2021
- Spring Semester: January 11, 2021–April 30, 2021
Status: Seasonal (15 hours/week expected)
Team: XY Tax Solutions
Reports To: Tax Manager
Direct reports: None
Compensation & Benefits:
- Rate of pay: $20/hr
- Company-owned laptop computer provided
- Please see our Policies and Procedures Manual to learn more about our company
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Authorized to live and work in the United States
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, taxation, or a related field
- Working toward completion of necessary education hours to be eligible for CPA licensure or Enrolled Agent status
- Outstanding academic performance, with a GPA of 3.2 or above preferred
- The ability to prioritize work, follow through on requests, take initiative, and meet deadlines
- The ability to work collaboratively with teams and independently
- The ability to understand and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications
- The ability to work with existing processes/systems while making constructive suggestions for improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What Would Make Us Drool
- An understanding of financial services terminology and the fee-for-service model
- Relevant internship or work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- Cover Letter
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈