2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
*This is a virtual / 100% remote position, with employee benefits, based in the U.S.**
At Empowered Education, we are passionate about health and empowering people to live their best lives. We believe transformative education in personalized nutrition and compassionate habit change is the key to accomplishing both. We are driven by passion and our unified commitment to shape the future of healthcare through education. We excel in our mission because we understand that the strongest outcomes come from working as a collective while optimizing the strengths of each individual. We believe in changing the world while LOVING your work!.
We're hiring an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Finance team.
This role will be an integral team member as it will own the accounts payable cycle for the company, provide cash management reporting to management, and will support the Senior Accountant in the recording of daily accounting transactions and the evaluation of the general ledger during the month-end closing process. In addition, a successful candidate will be responsible for performing account reconciliations, preparing general ledger account and ad-hoc analysis, and reporting the financial statements for the company’s wholly-owned subsidiaries. In performing these duties the team member will ensure that best practices and procedures are established and followed so that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns the accounts payable cycle for all entities, including the coding and processing of all payments
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the Company’s credit card program
- Reports the company’s cash management activity and positions to management, including cash flow analyses and reports
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, including but not limited to: bank accounts, credit cards, prepaid and accrued expenses
- Preparation of journal entries, setup of monthly accruals, recording of prepaid assets and corresponding monthly amortization and expense recognition
- Assists the Senior Accountant in performing month-end closing activities
- Reconcile CRM software to Netsuite and resolve discrepancies between the two systems
- Assist in the preparation, documentation and/or record retention of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions
- Acting as liaison and representing the Company to third party service providers
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with all accounting and internal control policies and procedures
- Prepare accrual-to-cash conversions of financial statements to facilitate the preparation of income tax filings
- Perform research and analysis of accounting guidance to ensure compliance with Generally Applied Accountings Principles
- Complete special projects, as required
- You possess a minimum of 5 years of experience performing accounting functions including preparation of supporting schedules, journal entries, reconciliations, financial statements and balance sheets
- You have the knowledge and ability to translate data into accurate financial and management reports and an excellent working knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and accounting procedures. Prior experience in a start-up or hyper-growth company is preferred
- You are able to piece together data from multiple sources and determine if the data is adequate to meet financial reporting requirements for GAAP and for outside agency purposes
- You have experience with converting accrual based financial statements to cash basis and vice-versa
- Experience using online applications such as Google Docs and Sheets, online banking software, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Cloud-based accounting software such as Netsuite and/or cloud-based CRM software Salesforce are highly preferred
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Why Work For Us?
We are a 100% virtual company, we allow you to do your best work from the comfort of your own home. No commuting or travel!
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Full access to our programs
- Annual Access to a Health Coach
- Paid Family & Volunteer Time
- We believe in changing the world while LOVING your work!
Empowered Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈