1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
**This is a 100% remote position based in the United States.**
Empowered Education is disrupting the U.S. healthcare system and changing the way healthcare is addressed on a national and global scale. We're building the leading education platform that is helping transform lives by changing how we treat lifestyle diseases in the United States.
We're hiring an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Finance team.
This role will be an integral team member as it will own the accounts payable cycle for the company, provide cash management reporting to management, and will support the Senior Accountant in the recording of daily accounting transactions and the evaluation of the general ledger during the month-end closing process. In addition, a successful candidate will be responsible for performing account reconciliations, preparing general ledger account and ad-hoc analysis, and reporting the financial statements for the company’s wholly-owned subsidiaries. In performing these duties the team member will ensure that best practices and procedures are established and followed so that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns the accounts payable cycle for all entities, including the coding and processing of all payments
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the Company’s credit card program
- Reports the company’s cash management activity and positions to management, including cash flow analyses and reports
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, including but not limited to: bank accounts, credit cards, prepaid and accrued expenses
- Preparation of journal entries, setup of monthly accruals, recording of prepaid assets and corresponding monthly amortization and expense recognition
- Assists the Senior Accountant in performing month-end closing activities
- Reconcile CRM software to Netsuite and resolve discrepancies between the two systems
- Assist in the preparation, documentation and/or record retention of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions
- Acting as liaison and representing the Company to third party service providers
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with all accounting and internal control policies and procedures
- Prepare accrual-to-cash conversions of financial statements to facilitate the preparation of income tax filings
- Perform research and analysis of accounting guidance to ensure compliance with Generally Applied Accountings Principles
- Complete special projects, as required
- You possess a minimum of 5 years of experience performing accounting functions including preparation of supporting schedules, journal entries, reconciliations, financial statements and balance sheets
- You have the knowledge and ability to translate data into accurate financial and management reports and an excellent working knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and accounting procedures. Prior experience in a start-up or hyper-growth company is preferred
- You are able to piece together data from multiple sources and determine if the data is adequate to meet financial reporting requirements for GAAP and for outside agency purposes
- You have experience with converting accrual based financial statements to cash basis and vice-versa
- Experience using online applications such as Google Docs and Sheets, online banking software, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Cloud-based accounting software such as Netsuite and/or cloud-based CRM software Salesforce are highly preferred
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
What We Look For
You are sharp, organized, and committed to "getting it done!" You thrive in a remote work environment and you are disciplined enough to prioritize tasks and deliver your work correctly and on time. You have strong organizational skills and are always looking for ways to become more efficient. You excel at creating solutions to overcome challenges and solve problems. You understand that regular and meaningful communication is essential to success in a virtual workforce setting. You have a collaborative mindset and enjoy building bridges across teams. You are professional, savvy and great at what you do, however you don't have an ego or take yourself too seriously. You are flexible and adaptable and can quickly reorient and ground yourself when plans/priorities change. Last but not least, you love what you do and you are excited to fully embrace the vision behind what we do!
About Empowered Education
Empowered Education is the parent company of Health Coach Institute and Functional Nutrition Alliance. We are a premier education provider of online training programs and live events that trains coaches, practitioners, and other passionate changemakers to help others thrive in health and life. We’ve trained more than 20,000 coaches and practitioners around the world in a new healthcare paradigm that is fundamentally changing the landscape of health and how we treat lifestyle disease.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈