2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Banzai is looking for a Staff Accountant to manage general accounting and financial processes for our company. You’ll be responsible for all daily accounting tasks, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, basic state compliance, and processing expense reports. You will perform financial transactions and post them in the general ledger. You will also carry out relevant administrative duties (e.g. responding to clients via email and handling invoices). Ultimately, you will ensure the company’s finances run smoothly. Successful candidates will have a strong attention to detail.
- Maintain and update accounting records (general ledger) and files
- Analyze budgets and process expense reports
- Handle state compliance including sales tax, reporting, and registrations
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities and expenses)
- Maintain proper revenue recognition (accrual schedule)
- Reconcile bank statements
- Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Help with month-end and quarter-end closures
- Prepare records and documents for audits
- Communicate with customers via email or phone to keep customer ARs current
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Report to the Controller and work to improve financial processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of accrual accounting (including depreciation and amortization schedules)
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online
- Proficiency with Excel and other basic software you are likely to use
- Responsive, attention to detail, organized, self-starter
Fully Paid Health Insurance
Banzai offers 100% of health insurance costs for all US employees.
Generous Vacation Policy
Full time employees have unlimited vacation.
401(k) Retirement Savings with up to 4% Match
Banzai sponsors a 401(k) plan to which you can contribute up to $19,000 in 2020. Banzai will match 100% first 3% contribution and 50% match on the next 2% contribution.
$1,000 per year for Professional Learning
Banzai will spend up to $1,000 per employee per year on professional learning activities of your choosing. This could include anything that benefits you professionally - for example: taking a course on Udemy / Coursera to learn a new skill, taking a business class / seminar at a local school, or attending a conference.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈