Sr. Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Pocket Outdoor Media
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
At Pocket Outdoor Media, we are dedicated to becoming the home for active lifestyle participants. We create innovative, motivating services that make people more aware of the possibilities with their activities, training, and nutrition, and aim to motivate them with more knowledge and inspiration everyday.
At Pocket Outdoor Media, employees live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for the active lifestyle participant and we practice what we preach. Pocket Outdoor Media has an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes weekly at our weekly all-hands get-togethers. We stand behind our mission and are committed to becoming the home for active lifestyle participants.
Pocket Outdoor Media is seeking an experienced Finance leader to build & lead its FP&A team. The Sr. Director FP&A will be responsible for designing and managing processes that set the foundation for our strategy and growth objectives, and provides important, insightful and timely insights into our business performance and financial results. This role will focus on leading the Company's annual planning, quarterly forecasting and monthly financial results processes, as well as supporting a wide range of management reporting, strategic analysis and decision-making for the business. This is a full-time role, working remotely or located in our Boulder Office.
As a key member of the Finance Leadership Team, you will be expected to work collaboratively across functions, build expertise on the active lifestyle industry landscape and nuances, and provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
- Play a strong leadership role on the Finance team in strengthening the finance function that will support a fast growing company for years to come.
- Develop best-in-class annual and long-term business planning processes that include driver-based forecasting, bottoms up input, alignment between business partners and FP&A, and achievement of financial objectives.
- Key architect of monthly and quarterly management and Board reporting, ensuring a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy as well as highlighting key business insights.
- Key contributor to the management of the Company's financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Equity), including forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning
- Build and Lead a strong finance team that partners with business leadership. Produce a variety of ad hoc analyses and dashboards, focusing on tangible outcomes to drive decision making and strategic direction
- Support the executive leadership team in assessment and communication of business performance, trends and strategic trade-offs
- Communicate the risks, opportunities and drivers of forecast variances, in an insightful way to facilitate timely and informed decision-making
- Collaborate with all aspects of finance (Controllership, Accounting) & Analytics to ensure accuracy of financials and provide detailed variance analyses.
- Partner with the CFO, CEO & other stakeholders to create financial records and processes that position Pocket Outdoor Media for a successful fundraising and/or IPO in the future
- Responsible for the management and evolution of all Finance Planning & Reporting systems
- Oversee and support FP&A and Operations Finance team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity. Work with teams across the company to identify, design and implement process improvements.
- Masters Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 8+ years of experience in Finance leadership roles with a bias towards quantitative analysis and FP&A
- Experience with finance in a fast-growing, early stage growth oriented company
- Experience in a fast-growing, early stage growth oriented company
- An entrepreneurial and self-driven mindset, with the experience to identify & lead continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong critical thinking skills – you should be comfortable with financial modeling and working with large amounts of data
- Preference/tendency to use data to form opinions and highlight key trends, as well as focusing deeper analytic analysis to confirm and drive business decisions
- Superior communication skills - verbal, written & presentation skills with ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational issues and influence change
- Strong interpersonal skills assessed by a proven track record as a team player, collaborator, coach and facilitator
- Good sense of humor is a must!
- We'll offer you a supportive, collaborative work environment, with colleagues who care about the success of Pocket Outdoor Media.
- We will treat you fairly, provide competitive compensation, on-going recognition, and most of all, a chance to learn, contribute and develop your skills
- We'll provide you the chance to join an explosive industry, a successful and growing organization and an unmatched leadership team, passionate about their employees
- We offer you fun, enthusiasm, support, a passion for healthy living and never a dull moment!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈