Sr. Accounting Manager / Controller
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Come join an amazing team! Kindred Bravely is looking for a talented and diligent Sr. Accounting Manager / Controller with 6+ years NetSuite experience and a background in cost accounting!
Kindred Bravely is an online retailer for pregnant and breastfeeding moms who want something comfortable to wear. We are a growing team of 60 based all over the world. Our team culture is grateful, brave, generous & encouraging. We all work together to create the best possible shopping experience and products for her. Oh, and did we mention we're on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing privately held companies for two years in a row plus winner of Shopify's Build a BIGGER Business Competition!
What we believe:
- She is the reason we exist: We have created a genuine connection with her. She feels seen and heard. She is an integral part of every decision we make. We are her.
- Work/Life Balance is an imperative: We value both work and family and bring our best selves to each by ensuring balance.
- Team Work Makes the Dream Work: We share ideas, feedback, struggles, wins and frustrations. We care for each other professionally and personally.
- Success is Sequential; Not Simultaneous: We focus on one thing at a time.
How we act:
- We have a BIAS FOR ACTION: We move quickly. We take smart risks. We solve puzzles. We make things happen.
- We HOLD OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE: We all own the business. We clearly communicate key metrics and standards and review them regularly. We analyze results to understand why we made a decision. We are disciplined.
- We LEAD, NOT FOLLOW: We are innovative. We are curious and resourceful. We are driven and competitive (but not with each other).
- We communicate GENUINELY & TRANSPARENTLY: With each other and with her. We are present.
- We are ALWAYS LEARNING: We improve ourselves and continually look for ways to enhance the skills and abilities of our entire team.
- We are in RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE: We out-care the competition and provide the greatest experience she has ever had with a brand.
If you've made it this far and you are as excited as we are, keep reading!
Opportunity (the job): We are looking for someone who enjoys the accounting oversight, the production of financial and management reports, along with the skillset to work with management in creating new KPI's, improve our software workflow(s), and bring a “business” mindset to the position. The perfect candidate for this job has 10+ years of relevant accounting experience, 6+ years of NetSuite experience, a background in BtoC or ecommerce, excels at not only following a process but setting one up, loves diving into data and puzzles but doesn't get bogged down and has a high attention to detail.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week. We are open to helping you create a schedule that works for you. We can accommodate school drops off / pick ups etc.
Skills We're Looking For:
We are looking for someone who…
- Is exceptional at whatever he or she does and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions. This is the most important factor in your success. You must be a self-starter who can solve technical problems yet think big picture process
- Is intellectually curious, loves to learn and grow both personally and professionally
- Is a finisher. You must love the details of accounting, and work dutifully to ensure month-end close is complete and accurate
- Has a high level of NetSuite and Microsoft Excel proficiency and strong aptitude to learn technical aspects of NetSuite quickly
- Has excellent business judgement, outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
- Has superior analytical skills and is numbers oriented
- Can operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to manage, mentor and coach staff members in a remote setting
- Sets their team up for success and empowers them to do their best
- Strong knowledge of NetSuite data connectors (NetSuite required)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables and V-Lookups)
- Strong understanding of manufacturing environment; COGS experience highly preferred
- Experience in JEs, AP, AR, POs, Cash Management and Sales and Use Tax returns
Who This is Not For:
- Someone who isn't capable of creating systemwide solutions and needs a roadmap
- Someone who is only trying to fix the current problem by working harder and longer
- Someone who isn't curious and able to figure things out on their own
- Someone who finds themselves saying things like “you can just use a journal entry for this”
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location.
Unlike other jobs, we don't believe that what you do should dictate whether you get to spend time with family or not.
We're looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do, because with great flexibility comes great responsibility.
All this flexibility doesn't mean we're not a close-knit team…
We Hire Characters Not Positions:
We're a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you're a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Responsibilities Include (But are not limited to):
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Primary oversight ensuring daily, weekly and monthly accounting work is completed timely and accurately.
- Manages and coaches remote accounting staff to achieve their best
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, tightly manages inventory and cash account.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Works with CFO to provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Creating benchmarks and other analytics to track on a weekly/monthly basis
- Assist in generating monthly/yearly financial statements for CFO and President.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Ops and Finance
- Maintain NetSuite access and improvements, and other duties, as assigned
Experience: At least 8 years of relevant Accounting experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a CPA (preferred)
Location: USA - Remote
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈