1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
About World Business Lenders (www.wbl.com)
World Business Lenders provides general purpose short-term real estate collateralized commercial loans to a broad customer base comprised of small and medium sized businesses throughout the country. With its unique business model, and disciplined approach to underwriting and risk management, WBL is committed to creating a pre-eminent brand that focuses on helping small businesses identify opportunities to grow. As a matter of corporate governance, the company is steadfast in maintaining diversity in its workforce and boardroom, embracing its social responsibility and strengthening its ties to the communities it serves.
This is a key accounting position that will enable the successful candidate to join a nationwide financial institution in a growing industry. Job responsibilities include a variety of tasks including:
- Accounting for loans, fixed assets, fees, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, and other accounts. FAS 91 accounting
- Accounting for NPL and REO assets
- Reconciliation of select GL accounts, including cash and accrual accounts
- Coordinate with Loan Administration (servicing system) regarding recording loan updates and related data in Accounting system
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller to close books every month
- Annual 1099 generation and filing with IRS
- Special Projects including automation of processes through inhouse initiatives/3rd party vendors and other duties as assigned in support of the Corporate Controller
- Ensure timely vendor payment, review and monitor accounts payable aging analysis
- Set up wires, ACH and book transfers
- Update and maintain vendor data
- Ability to process and follow-up on rush items
- Communicate with vendors as required
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures, processes and internal controls
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience required.
- 2-3 years’ general accounting experience and demonstrated technical accounting knowledge.
- Experience with Sage GL and AP is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to navigate through automation projects, including familiarity with Excel macros/coding and Python, is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- High energy, positive attitude, proactive problem solver.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to concisely communicate.
Must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Effective English communication skills, both written and oral.
• Compensation package - $60K-$80K
• Vacation/holiday pay and 401(k) Plan with company match after 90 days; benefit package (Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, Life/Accident/Short-Term Disability insurance) on first of the month following or coincident with 60 days; Employee Assistance Program immediately upon hire.
World Business Lenders does not sponsor work visas for this position.
World Business Lenders participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈